Texas game is on the Longhorn Network

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We didn't finish them off in the fourth quarter in Ames for football this year. So we really need to seize this final opportunity to send them off with their tail between their legs or it will prove to be a cosmic failure.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
SIAP or a dumb question but will this be on ESPN+?
Last year when we played them on the LHN I was able to watch for free on ESPN+ w/ just a subscription to YTTV. I'm not sure if that was a weird thing though; because i wouldn't think it would be available on espn+?

• Agree
Reactions: Bader

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Last year when we played them on the LHN I was able to watch for free on ESPN+ w/ just a subscription to YTTV. I'm not sure if that was a weird thing though; because i wouldn't think it would be available on espn+?
I believe you CAN watch on ESPN+ if and only if, your login to ESPN+ is with a provider service that carries LHN. In which case, why not just watch it on LHN on said provider service.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I believe you CAN watch on ESPN+ if and only if, your login to ESPN+ is with a provider service that carries LHN. In which case, why not just watch it on LHN on said provider service.
That is what i thought; but no - my login is with YTTV. Last year it showed two feeds on the ESPN app; one that said LHN and one said ESPN3; the ESPN3 feed worked for me while the LHN one didn't. Again, not sure why this was available as an option and not counting on it again this year.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
ESPN+ says it will be on the app. Are they lying to me? If I click on OK, they have to show it to me, don't they?

tv screen.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
ESPN+ says it will be on the app. Are they lying to me? If I click on OK, they have to show it to me, don't they?

View attachment 123364
There's been more than once the last few years that for whatever reason the game is available on the ESPN app when it doesn't seem like it should be. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's there and otherwise listen to John and Eric on the varsity app

Reactions: t-noah and pourcyne

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

View attachment 123364
if you were to click on it while its live it would say "not available" or something like that.

I just tried it myself. I have YTTV and I know LHN isn't on YTTV but it made me select my cable carrier.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
if you were to click on it while its live it would say "not available" or something like that.

I just tried it myself. I have YTTV and I know LHN isn't on YTTV but it made me select my cable carrier.

Yeah, I had to log into the app, too, but it's still lying to me like you lie about everybody's mama. Or is it?

dmb341

Nov 23, 2009
If you're unsure if you have access to LHN through WatchESPN, go here:

Attempt to watch whatever is live. Most likely you'll get:

"We are sorry, but it seems we do not have access to this content on this particular application. We are working hard to get you access. Please check back soon."

If you happen to have logged in to one of the providers listed here: http://www.espn.com/longhornnetwork/getaccess, ESPN will authenticate your access to LHN through espn.com, watchESPN.com, ESPN app, etc.

ESPN+ has never provided access to LHN; these are completely different things. (It's possible that past individual games were also offered through ESPN3, which is another different thing. ESPN3 is digital content accessible through most common cable providers that also offer ESPN and ESPN2 linear channels).

• Useful
Reactions: isucy86 and Cycsk

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Jethros and drought house likely a no on the game. Jethros flat out said no and drought house said they were planning to air on espn plus. Anyone know which bars in DSM will carry?

PS Buffalo Wild Wings is a no.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Jethros and drought house likely a no on the game. Jethros flat out said no and drought house said they were planning to air on espn plus. Anyone know which bars in DSM will carry?

PS Buffalo Wild Wings is a no.
They are going to be disappointed.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Yep, just tried the same thing with same results. Guess it's John and Eric for me too.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
List online

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205-144836_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205-144836_Samsung Internet.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 99

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I will be glad next year when we do not have to put up with the LHN and Texas in general. Hell ESPN, just give us the game, you are going to do away with LHN at the end of season anyway, just open it up to everyone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron