Texas High School Football Incident

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Coaches should be suspended. It is pretty clear from those videos that something akin to a bounty was put out there. If it wasn't the coaches should have put a stop to it after the second incident. That player should clearly have sat out more than the remainder of a half and the next half.

I didn't read the linked story, but I did read one a few days ago that had an interview with the mother. The article I read didn't even mention the kid's being put up to it by coaches as a possibility. Unless there is a history between the individuals, which also wasn't mentioned, I can't imagine the coaches didn't have something to do with it.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Honestly, I don't think it's too much to rule that these kids/coaches are never allowed to participate in organized football ever again. High school football is a privilege, and this is crap is unacceptable. Players should be done for what he did on the field, and the coaches should be done for letting that #76 kid back on the field.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I hadnt heard about the being bullied all game part. Trash talking occurs on a football field, that isnt bullying. I cant speak to if it was more than that or not.

However, the article doesnt mention and most videos in the media do not show the kid getting pancaked and then kicking the Waco player in the junk. It wasnt just "im gonna choke you now." Choking is obviously still bad but if you just kicked me in the junk, football rules, and all rules for that matter, are off.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Guy deserves to sit in a cell for awhile and think about whether or not he's going to act like that again, otherwise he will.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
As much as there's a push back of the 'participation trophies', which to an extent I agree with, on the opposite end there's the mentality that winning is the only thing. There was a video yesterday on the news of parents/coaches brawling at a youth/Pee Wee game.

I didn't have anything like that, but I recall my T-ball and Little League Baseball coaches being so competitive, petty, and conflict seeking that it became uncomfortable to even play, and that was like a 14 game 5th grade summer league and we were decent.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That Waco University HS Athletic Director is a huge D-Bag. Essentially saying he has done all that he can do, and thinks it's sufficient. States he doesn't worry about other student athletes just his own.

Not a good look at all, and would be surprised if more doesn't come out of this situation.

Screw #76, also, who cares if he is a freshman, Frosh in HS should know that **** is reprehensible.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I hadnt heard about the being bullied all game part. Trash talking occurs on a football field, that isnt bullying. I cant speak to if it was more than that or not.

However, the article doesnt mention and most videos in the media do not show the kid getting pancaked and then kicking the Waco player in the junk. It wasnt just "im gonna choke you now." Choking is obviously still bad but if you just kicked me in the junk, football rules, and all rules for that matter, are off.

He kicked the kid after the choking had already started and after other abuses. He had every right to kick him to get him off of him.

The local news reported on Tuesday a.m. that the Waco kid had been suspended from any sports for the remainder of the school year, but that appears to be inaccurate as other articles have stated that the kid cannot play until the Burleson kid returns to the field.

https://www.burlesonstar.net/news-l...t-executive-committee-rules-football-incident

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

They show several times that he was clearly targeted.

Also that is not a pancake block. You don't wrap your arms around an opponent and take him to the ground in a pancake block. That was a tackle and should have been a flag for holding. Then while he is on the ground he is clearly doing something to him while standing over him. There is no excuse for punching and slamming a player's head to the ground repeatedly.

Even on that play two players totally ignore every other player going downfield and even step away from them so they can get to him. This was clearly planned and intentional.