Texas Longhorns - Airing of the Grievances

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
With our last scheduled football match up against the Longhorns approaching, I was chatting with a non-ISU friend about why XII and ISU folks dislike Texas so much. They asked, “well, what’ve they specifically done to make you hate them?”

A few things off top of my head:
- Backroom scheming to leave the XII
- Complaining about Horns Down & the conference making it a penalty
- numerous questionable officiating calls, namely Jeremiah George’s forward progress strip return

What else? Can be anything ISU or XII related

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ruining the conference overall. Their constant demands being met to the point it alienated everyone else in the conference, chased off long time members, and it still wasn't enough for them so they tried to destroy the conference with ESPN and leave everyone hanging so they could get out of their grant of rights earlier to join the SEC. They are pieces of **** and one of the most hated schools in college athletics. I assume this person you were talking too wasn't a big fan of college sports.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
SuLry93.gif

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Ruining the conference overall. Their constant demands being met to the point it alienated everyone else in the conference, chased off long time members, and it still wasn't enough for them so they tried to destroy the conference with ESPN and leave everyone hanging so they could get out of their grant of rights earlier to join the SEC. They are pieces of **** and one of the most hated schools in college athletics. I assume this person you were talking too wasn't a big fan of college sports.

Especially this as it truly began the musical chairs era of CFB, which led to B1G expansion and the eventual formation of the B1G West which is giving us the utter crap show of Iowa about to go 10-2 with an offense from the middle of last century. That alone is sufficient enough to garner the hatred from every other fanbase outside of Iowa and whomever gets to face them in the B1G title game.

Last edited:

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Good points. On the last note, this guy is actually an SEC fan. Aware enough that “Texas = bad”, but not close enough to know specifics over the years. I told him they are his headache now.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
This is the answer. All other points are miniscule.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
At least in a few short months they’ll be the SEC’s problem and not ours.

Just wondering how long it takes for the buyer’s remorse (on both sides) to set in.

• Winner
Reactions: CyNews and mj4cy

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
With our last scheduled football match up against the Longhorns approaching, I was chatting with a non-ISU friend about why XII and ISU folks dislike Texas so much. They asked, “well, what’ve they specifically done to make you hate them?”

A few things off top of my head:
- Backroom scheming to leave the XII
- Complaining about Horns Down & the conference making it a penalty
- numerous questionable officiating calls, namely Jeremiah George’s forward progress strip return

What else? Can be anything ISU or XII related
Arrogance and entitlement.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Yeah, you could actually make the case for UT not just ruining the B12, but all of college football. If you look where things have gone and are going with realignment, it really all started from B12 instability due to UT's greed. The richest athletic department in the country would stop at nothing to get even richer.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclonehomer