Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This third set was a lot of flailing around on our end.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Pop being out reeeeeally hurts us in so many ways. Serve receive was the worst I’ve seen so far this year, which leads to poor attack opportunities = Texas 17 blocks and 31+ attack errors yikes.

Moving Petry to L makes sense but I was surprised to see Stonestreet slide into DS role with someone like Baranski on the bench. I can totally see getting younger players some time, but man throwing her to the wolves of Texas who targeted her repeatedly on serves.

Texas might not lose until the Final 4- just that kind of team. Proud of our fight in the first set. Let’s see more of that tomorrow!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
It was fun while it lasted tonight. Tomorrow is another day to play.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We look a lot better tonight - especially in hustle. CJL's post game comments last night, "defensively we weren't working as hard as we have to work" and "we can't play one set" are maybe having an effect.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Friday ISU was very competitive but Texas was just executing better especially on serves & blocks. It was the best I've seen ISU play for 6-7 years. Newsome continues to be amazing and it was a drastic drop in production the few points she was out. Mantz was sporadic as she has a tendency to hit long. If she can bring her hitting % up again, it will take the heat off Holthaus.

I would also add ISU's production continues to be horrible on their end which dates back to Cyclones.tv as they can't seem to hold a constant upload speed so there are constant drops and artifacts every few minutes which is not ESPN+'s fault.

Last edited: