Texas' Shaka Smart to Marquette

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Could Tech go after Sampson? Similar teams to beards in style of play and toughness. The ORU coach would be a total 180.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
just my opinion. I could be wrong. Just thinking Texas is not a great job. Tech to me seems like low pressure, they pay him crazy pay. Texas would have to pay more than the football coach which seems nuts to me.
Oh I agree. Interesting these articles keep coming out saying it’s a done deal and yet nothing has happened.

Reactions: Drew0311

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn’t it take two days between all the articles saying TJ was a done deal and isu announcing it?
Very true. If TTU hasn’t shot anything down and Beard hasn’t made an announcement, I’d say it’s bad news.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Very true. If TTU hasn’t shot anything down and Beard hasn’t made an announcement, I’d say it’s bad news.
Yeah, I feel like the fact that there’s been no statement from Tech or Beard says a lot more than the articles. You’d think if they were working out an extension or something, Tech would say something about how they’re excited to be working together on a commitment to the future of the program or some **** like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've got a problem with this. Doesn't texas get more revenue than others in the big 12 or is that a thing of the past? If they get more revenue, then use that revenue to buy coaches within the conference that seems pretty messed up. Are they really that important to the rest of the schools that we are willing to pay them to poach us? Its one thing to have an advantages but I feel like that completely and unfairly tips the scales in their favor. I feel like they should just go independent. The whole idea of us small schools need texas to survive is crap. If they are going to pull this stuff - lets go to nine teams or dump them and grab Houston.

All revenue distributions from the conference are now equal. That was part of the fall-out of the summer of 2010 conference realignment. A reminder though that Big 12 schools retain Tier 3 TV rights (games which are not part of existing TV contracts). Texas makes by far more money than any school in this regard by way of the Longhorn Network. We sell our Tier 3 rights to ESPN+ now.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Both UT and aTm get millions in oil dollars every year. When the state was set up, the legislature gave both UT and aTm a track of land to the west, no one at the time, knew that sat on millions of barrels of oil. Both university now use those oil riches to build world class universities. Throw in people that got rich from oil and now you have a number of boosters that money is no problem, so they give money to both universities and now TT.

Permanent University Fund (Texas) - Wikipedia

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
From coach Beard to an NBA assistant seems like a long, long way down the trail for Texas. But as I thought, IU takes one of Knight's guys plus Thad Matta as his lead analyst.

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

·
16h

Brooklyn Nets assistant coach
@ROYALTIVEY
interviewed for the Texas job on Sunday, sources told ESPN. Ivey was a key player on the Longhorns Final Four team in 2003 and there is strong support for him amongst Texas alumni —most notably

@KDTrey5

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
As soon as I saw Durant pushing Ivey for the job I thought he was likely the next coach and now that they are interviewing him I am even more confidant of that.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
From coach Beard to an NBA assistant seems like a long, long way down the trail for Texas. But as I thought, IU takes one of Knight's guys plus Thad Matta as his lead analyst.

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

·
16h

Brooklyn Nets assistant coach
@ROYALTIVEY
interviewed for the Texas job on Sunday, sources told ESPN. Ivey was a key player on the Longhorns Final Four team in 2003 and there is strong support for him amongst Texas alumni —most notably

@KDTrey5

this doesnt seem like a route texas would go

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
You gotta think the closer it gets to April 1 the more likely Beard is the new coach? His buyout drops in cash when 4-1 comes around. I know Musselman is on their want list too, but with his recent statement after the E8 game. He sounds like he is staying at Arkansas.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yeah, the quietness surrounding Beard by extension suggests he's headed to Austin. It's really sad that the big guy can come in and swoop-up a coach built at a smaller competing conference school. April Fools Day looming though ...

MathRaider91
Posted on 99 mins, , User Since 182 months ago, User Post Count: 602

• 99 mins
  • 182 months
At this point things do not look favorable for Tech.. Obviously the Horns are waiting for the 4/1 deadline.. By now Beard surely has a verbal from UT... Given the above Kirby and Beard would have discussed and we’d have already made a verbal counter.. If Beard was staying he’d have worked up the new terms with Tech already as we are not hindered by the 4/1 deadline.