Texas Tech

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I was reading Stansbury's Tech preview and he mentioned two players that I thought for sure were unlikely to play due to injuries, according to a tweet I saw that said three players might miss the game. The two Stanz mentioned are Pop Isaacs and Daniel Batcho. The third player from the tweet was KJ Allen. All three of them sat out their last game, Batcho with a finger problem, Isaacs with a concussion, and Allen with an unknown ailment. I wish I could find the tweet again. Is there any update about their availability?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I was reading Stansbury's Tech preview and he mentioned two players that I thought for sure were unlikely to play due to injuries, according to a tweet I saw that said three players might miss the game. The two Stanz mentioned are Pop Isaacs and Daniel Batcho. The third player from the tweet was KJ Allen. All three of them sat out their last game, Batcho with a finger problem, Isaacs with a concussion, and Allen with an unknown ailment. I wish I could find the tweet again. Is there any update about their availability?
Not sure but the line moved from -6 to -7 tonight I saw.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I think we win this comfortably. Not that it will be easy, but I see a 10-13 point margin of victory.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think we win this comfortably. Not that it will be easy, but I see a 10-13 point margin of victory.

Chris has mentioned this but we play the same way as them. This is like the ISU/Iowa football game - both teams just want a slobber knocker and nothing is going to be easy in this one.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Chris has mentioned this but we play the same way as them. This is like the ISU/Iowa football game - both teams just want a slobber knocker and nothing is going to be easy in this one.
Yes, look at it this way. Tech sees Iowa State type defense every day in practice. It will be much more difficult for ISU to knock them off their game. That is what they count on to make up for their scoring difficulty and scoring droughts.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Could easily be a game with both teams in the 50’s

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tech will lack some offensive punch without Isaacs. And won't have a ton of muscle inside without Batcho. I think this is a win for Iowa State, but expect an impassioned rally the troops type of performance out of the gate from Tech, similar to what Iowa gave us. If I was betting, I'd see what the first half line is and bet Tech if I can get them at -4, -4.5. If I'm betting full game and the spread is ISU -7, I think we get there eventually. This is the type of game I'd be more wary of it was down in Lubbock, but with it being in Ames I am not too concerned.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

We are at home. They have some players out. We are playing well. I just think we have a 7-8 point lead and we start getting fouled to create the final margin.

If we lose don't slaughter me though. :D