Texas Win Was Smoke and Mirrors

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
They suck, they are no good. They are down 42-21 late in 3rd against KU. Our guys were overconfident after dominating the in the second half. Well, guess what, KU is dominating them worse than we did. They are down 42-21 late in 3rd against KU.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Texas is really bad. Ku is running up and down the field on them.

either way, Texas is either the writer or second worst team in this conference

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That excuse is so last month. We’re just not nearly as good as everyone thought we would be. Oline still isn’t that good, corners are below the standard needed for Heacock’s defense to work.

If there is one position group outside of the Oline that studs are needed in CFB, it’s cornerback.

We don’t have studs at either group.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
They suck, they are no good. They are down 42-21 late in 3rd against KU. Our guys were overconfident after dominating the in the second half. Well, guess what, KU is dominating them worse than we did. They are down 42-21 late in 3rd against KU.
It was not smoke and mirrors. Did u see the stats and the score?

They have great talent, bad teamwork and are probably a .500 team.

We are a little better than a .500 team and it showed. No smoke and mirrors.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

I hear ya, but their talent is no good either. Outside of the running back, only team that has less ability is Kansas.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Remember when we were all excited about scoring 30 on these turds?

That UT defense is straight garbage. Man I literally felt sorry for KU players at the Jack. They were THAT terrible.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
That excuse is so last month. We’re just not nearly as good as everyone thought we would be. Oline still isn’t that good, corners are below the standard needed for Heacock’s defense to work.

If there is one position group outside of the Oline that studs are needed in CFB, it’s cornerback.

We don’t have studs at either group.
Couldn't agree with this more. The offense has flaws for sure but our defense totally collapsed today. Now that QB for them had maybe a 'perfect game', but still the point stands our db's get torched. Our safeties are good against the run but our pass defensive backfield is just suspect everywhere.

We need to be active in the portal market for corners. I also hope Myles Purchase is just a stud and some of the young guys in the wings. For as much hype as Anthony Johnson has gotten, he doesn't do much for me in terms of pass deflections, int's, or just big plays in general.

This team's defense needs a Brian Peavy soooo bad.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Were people claiming Texas as a great win? It was more just enjoyable to watch us kick the **** out of the team that destroyed this conference.
I knew Texas was on the downwards slope. But before our game they played everyone close, and had a huge lead vs. OU at one point. I thought they were at least still formidable.

I guess I just didn’t realize they had fallen off this badly.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Couldn't agree with this more. The offense has flaws for sure but our defense totally collapsed today. Now that QB for them had maybe a 'perfect game', but still the point stands our db's get torched. Our safeties are good against the run but our pass defensive backfield is just suspect everywhere.

We need to be active in the portal market for corners. I also hope Myles Purchase is just a stud and some of the young guys in the wings. For as much hype as Anthony Johnson has gotten, he doesn't do much for me in terms of pass deflections, int's, or just big plays in general.

This team's defense needs a Brian Peavy soooo bad.
I think the secondary is fixable. We’ve seen it play better often times than it did this year.

I just don’t know what we do with the line, though. Not a lot of promise.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

I didn't explain myself well at all here. I meant in the context of our players being overconfident, that is the smoke and mirrors. They probably thought we just killed Texas and Texas beat the team we are going to play 70-35.

Reactions: aauummm

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I knew Texas was on the downwards slope. But before our game they played everyone close, and had a huge lead vs. OU at one point. I thought they were at least still formidable.

I guess I just didn’t realize they had fallen off this badly.
We broke their spirits. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them lost out the rest of the season.