The AMERICANS

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Starts back up tonight.

Anybody else watch it last season? I really liked it.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Liked it quite a bit, can't wait to see what they do with season 2.

I know one of the themes is that the daughter is getting wise. From a preview on NPR this morning I guess there's a scene where she walks in on them *ahem* you know, but I think they staged it so she doesn't try snooping on them.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk
I'll be recording, but yeah, good enough show with not much else on on Wednesdays

I wish there was nothing else on Wednesday nights. My dvr is stacked full with like 8 or 9 shows recording tonight. I have to watch the game on my crappy tv in the basement so everything can still record. I'm just glad they show The Americans twice in a row so I can record it at 10.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I know one of the themes is that the daughter is getting wise. From a preview on NPR this morning I guess there's a scene where she walks in on them *ahem* you know, but I think they staged it so she doesn't try snooping on them.

Its going to be really interesting when their daughter knows everything. She's flat out American and her parents are the people she's been ingrained for all of her life to hate/fear.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Got the DVR set to record the season! This is a show that I actually got into on the ground level in season 1.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Great first episode. Really excited for what this season holds.

POTENTIAL SPOILER:
When they walked into that hotel room, and when he's leaving and you realize that couples son is about to walk in.. That was crazy. Certainly don't see them using their kids for any more operations, unless it was foreshadowing for future events (hope not).

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Think that was really her? How about that scene when the daughter walks in. WOW

You're thinking, damn she might figure things out even more, then BAM. Potentially the most awkward and scarring thing you can see your parents doing. Our apartment lost it

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
You're thinking, damn she might figure things out even more, then BAM. Potentially the most awkward and scarring thing you can see your parents doing. Our apartment lost it

Yeah, my wife and I were laughing too. All of a sudden you see a butt and then when her head pops up......priceless.

It felt like the episode last night was 90% butt scenes.