The Answer…

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Hire him yesterday.
Look at Davidson’s W-L record over the past 20 years. Credit Vince Munch for the O Line turnaround (perennial dog meat to a stalwart of pretty good team)
So you're saying there's a problem?!

Reactions: isu83

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

Hire him yesterday.
Look at Davidson’s W-L record over the past 20 years. Credit Vince Munch for the O Line turnaround (perennial dog meat to a stalwart of pretty good team)
Interesting. Do they run a option style offense? Or do anything unique with a zone running scheme or man on man? 400 yards + rushing each game is pretty impressive (don't care at what division).

I think if we end up losing a couple more and it gets ugly we will see a coach or two get canned - simply the way the business works.
I would say Jeff Myers would be close to the top of the list there. Our o-lineman don't seem to be playing each game with swag and attitude or purpose, that's coaching and also on the players.

While we are dissecting position group coaches Matt Caponi could be at risk too. Outside of Isheem Young and Freuler I have seen nothing out of the defensive backfield the last couple weeks. I cannot blame Caponi fully b/c part of it has been a talent issue. We need Broomfield to continue to get more difference makers in the DB depth chart.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Interesting. Do they run a option style offense? Or do anything unique with a zone running scheme or man on man? 400 yards + rushing each game is pretty impressive (don't care at what division).

I think if we end up losing a couple more and it gets ugly we will see a coach or two get canned - simply the way the business works.
I would say Jeff Myers would be close to the top of the list there. Our o-lineman don't seem to be playing each game with swag and attitude or purpose, that's coaching and also on the players.

While we are dissecting position group coaches Matt Caponi could be at risk too. Outside of Isheem Young and Freuler I have seen nothing out of the defensive backfield the last couple weeks. I cannot blame Caponi fully b/c part of it has been a talent issue. We need Broomfield to continue to get more difference makers in the DB depth chart.
If anyone pays attention to Drake football, they know how AWFUL Davidson was. They are in the same conference.
The moment Davidson hired the new HC, they made an emphasis to strengthen the lines,m. That is where Vince Munch came in.

They are currently 7-2 and playing Drake next week.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Is there any connection to Campbell? If not, then I don’t see this being a possibility right or wrong.

Not to mention a recruiting area that has been deemphasized.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Is there any connection to Campbell? If not, then I don’t see this being a possibility right or wrong.

Not to mention a recruiting area that has been deemphasized.
Broomfield and Scheelhaase didn’t have a connection. Good hires.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Is the RPO scheme that we run hurt run blocking? I mean, if the OL is hindered going downfield to not get an illegal man downfield.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is the RPO scheme that we run hurt run blocking? I mean, if the OL is hindered going downfield to not get an illegal man downfield.
No, it actually helps. Our lineman are not gap type blocker mano v Mano is not our forte. We need to zone block and we have a tendency to zone block slightly on the RPOs.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
RPO and zone read help mask your line a bit if it isn’t great. Unfortunately we almost never run RPO anymore. Don’t run a ton of zone read option either. Purdy is made to do these things and our line needs to be masked a bit. But there seems to be an insistence on getting away from RPO in particular and it makes no sense.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Broomfield and Scheelhaase didn’t have a connection. Good hires.
Golesch was at Illinois when Nate was a player and then GA. Broomfield definitely has no connection to Iowa State, can’t imagine how he wound up here :rolleyes:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Golesch was at Illinois when Nate was a player and then GA. Broomfield definitely has no connection to Iowa State, can’t imagine how he wound up here :rolleyes:
The statement was made in regards to Campbell. Neither had a direct connection to Campbell.