The Athletic ($$) - Iowa State Football Articles Thread

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Found this article to be very telling. Rather than focusing on maximizing the potential for this Senior-heavy class, the first thing CMC did last offseason was focus on identifying what players needed to improve to provide a meaningful impact to this program, and how you work with those players to progress them. Really well done.

https://theathletic.com/2716714/202...blueprint-after-iowa-states-best-season-ever/

convoluteme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2019
I like that they are trying to use player leadership to help out the players to need to develop. It does make me wonder who is in the "**** or get off the pot" category.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I like that they are trying to use player leadership to help out the players to need to develop. It does make me wonder who is in the "**** or get off the pot" category.
Completely agree. I loved the line about Eisworth being at that top tier and helping the others get there:
"..when you get to the top, now you turn around and reach and bring people up with you,”

#culture

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Really good article. I'm glad to see Campbell never gets complacent and is always tinkering to get that extra 1% out of everything. He literally walks the walk in what he preaches.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Really good article. I'm glad to see Campbell never gets complacent and is always tinkering to get that extra 1% out of everything. He literally walks the walk in what he preaches.

Not only that, he's already working on the reload stage of the program rather than boom/bust seasons. Maybe future down years are closer to .500 rather than couple 2-3 win seasons between good years.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Very, very interesting article. I signed up for "the athletic" just now.

I gotta say I'm impressed.
there's been a decent amount of ISU Football articles/discussions in their "mailbags", so if you set them as a favorite and go to that ISU Football page, all the articles they are featured in should pop up.

Can obviously do this for other teams/sports you like.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
Not only that, he's already working on the reload stage of the program rather than boom/bust seasons. Maybe future down years are closer to .500 rather than couple 2-3 win seasons between good years.
Yep, becoming the best version of yourself doesn’t stop with the players or assistant coaches

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
there's been a decent amount of ISU Football articles/discussions in their "mailbags", so if you set them as a favorite and go to that ISU Football page, all the articles they are featured in should pop up.

Can obviously do this for other teams/sports you like.

Can also ask questions for the mailbags too. I've done it a few times, even had my questions answered too!

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and srjclone