The Axe Murders of Villisca - Movie

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I grew up not far from there, but have never actually gone into the house.

Probably won't watch the movie either!
vauEUgn.gif

Wonder how much of this was actually filmed there?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I look forward to the "Iowans are rubes" comments sprinkled in.

• Agree
Reactions: Bret44

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
"Inspired by true events" = This event happened at this place; nothing else in the movie is even remotely close to the truth.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
OMG. This is probably the biggest thing to happen to Southwest Iowa since Jimmy Stewart visited Clarinda in 1954.

Reactions: DJSteve

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
as someone who grew up pretty close to villisca and who knew the prev. owners of the house who ran it as more of a museum, not a big fan of the movie idea. I wont watch the trailer but it seems like they are trying to glorify the killer a little just from the main picture. The old owners of the house and the owners of the museum were very respectful to the Moore and Stillinger families and treated the place in a very somber way realizing that 6 children were brutally murdered in the location. The new owner seems to be the type that bought it to profit off the deaths and promotes it more as a horror location imo, nice guy and all but just talking to him, he is a little more into the gore and what not and not as much the history. Having spent a lot of time there, the whole thing just seems a little inappropriate....

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
as someone who grew up pretty close to villisca and who knew the prev. owners of the house who ran it as more of a museum, not a big fan of the movie idea. I wont watch the trailer but it seems like they are trying to glorify the killer a little just from the main picture. The old owners of the house and the owners of the museum were very respectful to the Moore and Stillinger families and treated the place in a very somber way realizing that 6 children were brutally murdered in the location. The new owner seems to be the type that bought it to profit off the deaths and promotes it more as a horror location imo, nice guy and all but just talking to him, he is a little more into the gore and what not and not as much the history. Having spent a lot of time there, the whole thing just seems a little inappropriate....
Eh, it's a horror movie, it's not going to be super respectful. Just watching the trailer makes it look like the actual murders will only be 5-10 minutes of the movie, so they aren't glorifying the killer. The rest is dumb kids go to haunted house, get possessed by the killer, kill each other

Reactions: Drew0311