The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
There is nothing out there that says the B1G is looking to add anyone.... they don't have to.

And who says a PAC 12 is worse than the situation we are in now? If it means more stability than being in a conference with OU and TX.... then it might actually be better.

It would men no conference tournament in KC. That would suck.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Time to kick Missouri out of Big 12 Wrestling this year, cya later!!
Of the former Big 12 members, Missou, CO, Neb, A&M, which one was most culpable or guity to the problems or disunity?

From my mostly uninformed viewpoint I would say Neb. Others could specify the reasons and what happened with the other schools. I would like to hear that again.

On the other hand, would ISU behave in a completely altruistic manner if we had a chance to maybe better ourselves? Would we not look out for our own interests also? So there is that.

So what happened with Missou, CO, A&M, Neb and their leaving? What were their sins? Would we have been different in their shoes?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wait till we have the game in hand(hopefully) then 60,000 ISU fans chanting "F*ck the Horns" as they leave the field.
All with "horns down" emphatically!!

And if that gets us a penalty the next game, so be it. Would it?

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
I don't know what happens but I do know that Texas and Oklahoma are leaving for a reason and it's likely not money the way we think of it. Paying players is going to be lucrative and the SEC has been doing it for years. Texas and Oklahoma are not going to give a crap about TV rights. Paying the players is how football programs are going to be valued at this point. Who has the boosters and companies who are willing to pay the third string tight end $50k a year.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

The Far Cyde

Sep 15, 2019
No matter what happens, I can guarantee you this. Jaime Pollard is as cool as a cucumber. He knows exactly what he’s doing. I’m actually excited.

Reactions: MnBrPg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Of the former Big 12 members, Missou, CO, Neb, A&M, which one was most culpable or guity to the problems or disunity?

From my mostly uninformed viewpoint I would say Neb. Others could specify the reasons and what happened with the other schools. I would like to hear that again.

On the other hand, would ISU behave in a completely altruistic manner if we had a chance to maybe better ourselves? Would we not look out for our own interests also? So there is that.

So what happened with Missou, CO, A&M, Neb and their leaving? What were their sins? Would we have been different in their shoes?

Nebby, couldn't handle being Lil Bro to Tx and OU both. They sided with TX and OU on the uneven revenue then left when they couldn't keep up with the big boys. aTm wanted to get away from Tx and the 2nd round of conference expansion gave them a chance to do it Mizzou just ran away with them since they had a chance to. They got money but are a tiny fish in the SEC pond. I reckon them and Arky are pretty good rivals but nothing else seems to click with them in that conference at least IMO. Colorado had a chance to jump to the PAC during that round, so they left. Better travel schedule and the move looked good at the time, but the PAC hired that poor commissioner and have basically disappeared other than Oregon. UCLA and USC falling into the dumpster has really hurt that conference IMO.

In answer to your last ? I think ISU has always tried to be pretty upright in their dealings, but we've never had a FB team that put us in the position of being in the cat bird seat. We still aren't but we are in a lot better shape now than we have ever been. And in much better shape than the naysayers think we are.

Reactions: t-noah

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020

It’s always been primarily Texas. You can’t really fault anybody who left when they had the chance.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
They are mostly all dumbasses so I will guess 80% of Texas and OU fans want to leave.
I have belonged to the Texas Premium site Inside 40 Acres for about 18 years. The Texas fans don't understand how to perceive college football. For example, playing TCU doesn't get Texas fans excited. Playing Tennessee would send them to the moon in excitement. The problems is Tennessee fking sucks at football and TCU is very competent at football. TCU is the better game to watch, the better team. But Tennessee has that big stadium and SEC affiliation. So for years Texas have been ******** they play in a **** league with Okie State, Iowa State, TCU, Baylor, etc... Never mind that most of the Big 12 is pretty decent to good at football. They would rather play a brand that is not good at football than another school that may not be a brand, but good at football. For example, playing a top 10 Iowa State team would not get Texas fans as excited as playing South Carolina or Arkansas. It's just football ignorance. Texas fans seemed extremely happy in the old Big 12, they really were. When they lost NU, and Texas A and M, and to a lessor extent CU, and at the time top 10 Mizzou, they lost enthusiasm for the league and have been trashing it as a **** league every since. Texas A and M leaving for the SEC and getting to play brand names has made the Texas fans very very jealous, and this just amplified those negative feelings about the Big 12.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Whether true or not, I heard there might be some resistance from LSU in admitting Texas too. If TAMU, Mizz, Arky and LSU all say no, it is not happening. The only one I am confident in the no is TAMU though.

The LSU AD was AD at TAMU so I am sure he is very familiar with Tejas and has a dislike for them but he ultimately would have to go with what is best for his school.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
It would be sweet at the Texas game when they take the field that the entire crowd could stand up and turn their backs in complete silence as Texas takes the field

Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron