The Breakdown: Iowa State vs. Baylor

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Perry Jones is shooting 54% from the charity stripe for the season. I would highly recommend we employ the hack-a-Shaq defense against him tomorrow. Body him up down low and send him to the line if he gets loose for a decent look at the basket. JVB will need to be smart with the fouls he gives, but I could easily see Godfrey and Railey using up their allotment of fouls sending Jones to the line which would be good strategy.

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale
Picking us to lose games we probably were going to lose still makes me shake my head. Picking us to lose at home against Baylor is......

I'm speechless, I don't know what to say Chris......

The best ISU fan site on the web and the owner/editor is on a hot streak picking us to lose.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wrong again, CW, on the score. The Clones win 79-74. SC hets the kinks out of his elbow and is allowed to shoot freely from the outside for 30 points. Railey gets in the game and scores 10 points. CA has a hey day.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Picking us to lose games we probably were going to lose still makes me shake my head. Picking us to lose at home against Baylor is......

The best ISU fan site on the web and the owner/editor is on a hot streak picking us to lose.

I will always give you my honest opinion. My honest opinion is that Iowa State wont beat Baylor. If I am wrong I will be a very happy man. Do you want me to lie to you and not give my honest opinions? What good would that do?

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I will always give you my honest opinion. My honest opinion is that Iowa State wont beat Baylor. If I am wrong I will be a very happy man. Do you want me to lie to you and not give my honest opinions? What good would that do?

Don't let it bother you. It isn't as if you just flipped a coin — it's a well-reasoned analysis.

I hope you're wrong, too. I have only two notable points of comparison between your preseason assessment and mine: I tagged Baylor as a win; you had Colorado making the tournament.

Your CU pick is looking legitimate so far. :spinny:

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale

The article is good, great analysis. I would prefer you didn't pick at all at the end.

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11

So you want Clones21 to write the articles?

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I enjoy that CW does not pump sunshine up our *** and gives us an honest opinion rather than a rah rah approach.

If I were a betting man I would put money on Baylor too. They are long (thats what she said) and will give us fits in the post. Throw in Lacedarius Dunn and that is a tough team to beat.

The Clones have a lot of things going for them (Hilton, never won here, trap game etc.) but it will take a very well played ball game to come out on top.

southernfriedCY

Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, I agree with this poster. You say yourself this is a winnable game. You're the voice of CF, yet you won't pick us in a "winnable" home game. Are you afraid of something? Or are you just trying to look smart? Made a bet with someone you don't want to contradict? Really Chris, this is a real head scratcher for me as well.

GO CYCLONES!

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
I'm happy Baylor doesn't have Curtis Jerrells (sp?) anymore seemed that last years he was at Baylor he tore ISU up.

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale

Because I don't see any benefit with picking games. And picking us to lose could possibly be detrimental. What if players read that even Chris Williams thinks we are going to lose? What if fringe fans see that even Chris Williams thinks we are going to lose? It's a negative seed being planted and at ISU that is the last thing we need. Why think negative thoughts? What good does that do anybody? Vegas has more faith in us.

Again, I'm ONLY talking about the score prediction, everything else from CW I enjoy.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Because I don't see any benefit with picking games. And picking us to lose could possibly be detrimental. What if players read that even Chris Williams thinks we are going to lose? What if fringe fans see that even Chris Williams thinks we are going to lose? It's a negative seed being planted and at ISU that is the last thing we need. Why think negative thoughts? What good does that do anybody? Vegas has more faith in us.

Again, I'm ONLY talking about the score prediction, everything else from CW I enjoy.

I see where you are coming from and respect your point of view. It's hard to have a breakdown without a prediction. I personally don't think a predicted loss by CW has much/any affect on the actual game at all. I repeat, I see what you are saying.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

If our beloved leader CW has this much influence over the basketball team, then we all need to start paying tribute right now, for we may end up in a landfill.

Again, it seems that men are beginning to act like little girls, complaining about anything and everything.

Chris, keep the predictions coming. If people can't handle it, so be it.

Seneca Wallace

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
complaining is lame, and while I disagree with your opinions, I will fight to the death for your right to express them freely

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

If Big 12 basketball players let what I write affect how they play, they shouldn't be Big 12 basketball players.

BlackAppleGolf

Dec 16, 2010
Urbandale
Our "beloved leader" writes a great article than pukes all over it with the last line. You have every right to pick whom ever you want but it does seem disrespectful to me! I guess I just won't read your breakdown's anymore, it's too bad cause your a good writer.