The Creator (Movie)

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Really enjoyed John David Washington in BlacKkKlansman and Tenet, and yes Ken W is great too.

I also thought every closeup of JDW with cornrows was Kawhi Leonard

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Asimov's rules he first wrote in 1942. What changes should we make (as long as we're pretending rules are possible) now that we're living in the real age or AI/robotics?

Reactions: Turn2 and bos

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That movie looks awesome, and the trailer seems like it was put together by generative AI. Right down to the dramatic arrangement of a classic rock song from the 70s/80s. Very next level.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Anybody seeing this one this weekend? The reviews are saying kind of what I expected, but what I'm honestly most interested in is that this movie was made for 86 million and it looks GREAT. I'm pretty excited to see it actually.

I don't mind CGI, but IMO movies have become way too dependent on it and if it's not James Cameron doing it it kind of looks like crap.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think I'm going to try and go see it in IMAX sometime this week. After reading reviews sounds like what you hear a lot about Gareth Edwards, amazing visuals and sense of scale, but storytelling is meh. Also some reviews seem to be dinging it for making AI sympathetic during a time when AI is getting demonized in society, particularly by creative people in Hollywood who are worried about losing their jobs because of it.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
It’s funny to read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Many critics are remaining objective and judging the movie in quality

But critics and other content creators view AI as a huge threat to their livelihoods. So a lot are reviewing the movie through the lens of “why is AI the good guys?”. Instead of reviewing the movie on its merits

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron