***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Fun game! Wish I couldve lasted longer. I think a couple less priory would have helped.between them and the cleaver clue there was a large chunk of known innos or innos that could vouch for each other.

The innos were all over us the whole game.

Thanks for mayoring Salty!

Reactions: bsaltyman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Everyone said it already but thanks Salty. Good game. Little disappointed we couldn’t break out the cats though.

Reactions: bsaltyman

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I enjoyed the extra clues and whatnot. I was pumped to finally be something other than a regular innocent. I was excited at the possibility of winning as a team of two. Unfortunately, my role had me die when I received the cryptex and my partner decided not to participate. Frustrating.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Fun game! Wish I couldve lasted longer. I think a couple less priory would have helped.between them and the cleaver clue there was a large chunk of known innos or innos that could vouch for each other.

The innos were all over us the whole game.

Thanks for mayoring Salty!

Lack of a doctor made up for that, I think. Plus, the Cleaver clue outed me as well, so I think it was a wash. Mafia should have nailed Cleaver ASAP.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
On the to many special roles note I feel like that’s what ended up killing CF mafia games for a while. Games like this serve as a nice break with lots of roles, but probably should not be done regularly.

one other thing, I feel like we never give the mafia any special powers other than maybe in insta kill. Would be interesting if they could block an investigation or shadow influence voting somehow.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
We have had a lot of rookie mayors in the last few games as well (salty, moores, myself all mayored our first games in the last 3ish months). It definitely takes a bad game to be like "damn I overpowered one side badly"
Hey the mafia won my game.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
On the to many special roles note I feel like that’s what ended up killing CF mafia games for a while. Games like this serve as a nice break with lots of roles, but probably should not be done regularly.

one other thing, I feel like we never give the mafia any special powers other than maybe in insta kill. Would be interesting if they could block an investigation or shadow influence voting somehow.

That or maybe have a special widget that doubles somebody's vote and can be passed to anyone. The special widget is fun, but I think it definitely gives the innocents an edge later in the game.

The trich widget sucked, though.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My thought on this...
People are TOO impatient early in the game, and I think that spur of the moment changes to half-days (even if you don't levy clap watches) are unfair to participants that are less able to be active in the morning. Half days toward the end of a game are anticipated, and people can work around them (especially if the first half extends to at least 1pm (to allow for lunch hours). But in the first few days of the game (even if it's clear someone is toast) ending early skews voting records and hinders strategizing.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm actually not a big fan of half days in general. What is the rush? Each game has gone by so quickly and has too much group think. Let people get on to express their feelings or defend themselves.

Now when it dwindles down to single digits, or it's announced the day before, I'm fine with it. But with like 20 people left it's a little over the top, and just a tell from the mayor that someone is pegged too obviously, and when discussed after non-majority votes gives it away.

Bsalty, great job on your virgin game! Nothing on you at all, just half days in general. It's relatively a new things we've been jumping on.

edit: part of mafia I this this hurts to is the fun of crack pot theories and trying to talk your way out of a situation. We used to have epic battles between people trying to out-lie each other.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I'm actually not a big fan of half days in general. What is the rush? Each game has gone by so quickly and has too much group think. Let people get on to express their feelings or defend themselves.

Now when it dwindles down to single digits, or it's announced the day before, I'm fine with it. But with like 20 people left it's a little over the top, and just a tell from the mayor that someone is pegged too obviously, and when discussed after non-majority votes gives it away.

Bsalty, great job on your virgin game! Nothing on you at all, just half days in general. It's relatively a new things we've been jumping on.

edit: part of mafia I this this hurts to is the fun of crack pot theories and trying to talk your way out of a situation. We used to have epic battles between people trying to out-lie each other.
There is the point. The half days that we have had have been pretty sure things with verified people pointing fingers. I don't think we would get this banter either way. All we would have for the day is 20 people voting for the same person with no additional dialog. Makes for a pretty boring day.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There is the point. The half days that we have had have been pretty sure things with verified people pointing fingers. I don't think we would get this banter either way. All we would have for the day is 20 people voting for the same person with no additional dialog. Makes for a pretty boring day.

Ya I can see it both ways, just stinks for people that can't be so active.

I think I'm officially that old grumpy mafia player. Maybe I need to take a vacation until my hearts in it again and I actually try.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I'm curious what you're wanting that isn't "group think", exactly?

The last few games have had plenty of "confirmed" innocents out in the open and they become easy to follow because people know they're not being led astray by someone lying. That's just the nature of how those games have developed.

I feel like people have had every opportunity to discuss things. It's not like anyone's opinions are being suppressed.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm curious what you're wanting that isn't "group think", exactly?

The last few games have had plenty of "confirmed" innocents out in the open and they become easy to follow because people know they're not being led astray by someone lying. That's just the nature of how those games have developed.

I feel like people have had every opportunity to discuss things. It's not like anyone's opinions are being suppressed.

PREACH