The Defense

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Thought we took a another step forward today. We have been getting better, but since we had several bumps in the road its been hard to tell for sure. The offense seems to be improving a little bit as well, very excited about the trajectory of our team! Thoughts on how we have improved defensively.....

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Absolutely. Go back and watch the team defense we were playing in December and January and compare it to the last three games. They've kicked it up several notches on defense.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think the defense has been better, but they are still losing guys at the three point line at times, and even crappy shooting teams like TX seem to make every stinking open 3 pointer against ISU. The interior defense is vastly improved from the beginning of the year.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think the defense has been better, but they are still losing guys at the three point line at times, and even crappy shooting teams like TX seem to make every stinking open 3 pointer against ISU. The interior defense is vastly improved from the beginning of the year.

The two may be a bit related. We have no muscle inside. We are constantly plugging holes in a leaking dam because of it imo.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Kendal Yancy had a career high 29; 18+ above his average and six from the Trey. Isaiah Taylor tied his career high with 23.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kendal Yancy had a career high 29; 18+ above his average and six from the Trey. Isaiah Taylor tied his career high with 23.

Yancy is a career 33% shooter from deep and made 6 3s total last year and 13 total this year prior to going 6-9 tonight.

Sonetimes nobodies get hot, we are just lucky Thomas got hot too and it didn't cost us the game.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Matched up really well in transition, which has been tough for us. Also denying the post really, really well. Did the bigs from Texas even play?

No doubt, I barely remember seeing Turner or Ridley in the game. Heck of a job of team defense to limit those guys and rebound well at the same time.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Today's strategy was to pack in the lane and let them shoot. Shoot they did, but it is kind of what CFH wanted to give them.

The defense has been better. I think there are two keys to that. First, McKay getting comfortable in the lineup. No further explanation required about him. Second, BDJ off the bench. That guy can really guard when he wants to. And with a little more energy from less minutes, and a desire to win, he has been guarding.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron