The Dreaded Web Filter

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The employer has tightened the web filter. They are so concerned about employees accessing live video, they are blocking all sports related sites during the NCAA basketball tournament. My droid can get scores, and there is a mobile link for the main stories, but, Cyclone Fanatic forums are painfully slow. I feel withdrawal already.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I just got a droid an in mobile mode, I only get Chris Williams posts. How can I see the forums?
I think I found it. From the regular forum page, waaaaaaay down at the bottom there is a "default style" choice. Mobile 3.0 seems to work for me.

Thank you,
nj829

Last edited:

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The employer has tightened the web filter. They are so concerned about employees accessing live video, they are blocking all sports related sites during the NCAA basketball tournament. My droid can get scores, and there is a mobile link for the main stories, but, Cyclone Fanatic forums are painfully slow. I feel withdrawal already.

That could be circumvented by getting yourself a one-month pass to a Verizon wireless internet dial up card which you just stick into the USB port of your computer and then your inernet comes from that source rather than your employer's source, so then they can't see what you're looking at! Just an idea...

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That could be circumvented by getting yourself a one-month pass to a Verizon wireless internet dial up card which you just stick into the USB port of your computer and then your inernet comes from that source rather than your employer's source, so then they can't see what you're looking at! Just an idea...
Until they find out you're using that, atleast then you won't have to worry about work at all though!

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Awful... I can't imagine working for a company like this. My boss had a meeting to let us know that if we wanted to take a few hours to watch various tourney games he had no problem with that. (Of course, we typically work 60-80 hours a week so we earn our time off).

We're 4 blocks north of Madison Square Garden so it is usually a pretty good scene in the area during the Big East Tournament / NIT semis. My boss is a huge UCONN fan, so that helps tremendously.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I understand the work-time and band width issues. I appreciate CF offering mobile settings so we can check things out periodically.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
I understand the work-time and band width issues. I appreciate CF offering mobile settings so we can check things out periodically.

The perks of working in IT. I just go unplug the filter for a couple of hours.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron