The Dual

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
This was so good to watch. It's very refreshing to see the athletes and coaches show respect to their competitors. No running across the mat yelling and getting into shoving matches. I loved how they compared it to the Looney Tunes Wolf vs Sheepdog cartoons. Clock in and try to kill each other...clock out and they are buddies having a cup of coffee together. Worth the watch for any sports fan.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Finally got time to order this and watch the first episode. Really great stuff so far. Dan and Jim relating so much that most fans have no idea about.

With the perspective of today I realize that I was lucky enough to have been at both matches in 1986 - Iowa City in January and Hilton in February.

This is really a must-see for any Cyclone wrestling fan. So many great interviews, as well as life lessons from men who lived it. I had no idea at the time just how incredible it was to watch IPBN and the matches on television. I started following ISU wrestling when my brother was a student at ISU and got me into the sport. My earliest memories were of such wrestlers as Johnny Jones, Dan Gable, Joe Zuspann, Ben Peterson, Chris Taylor, Frank Santana, and then later Willie Gadsen, Dave Powell, Mike Land, Kelly Ward, Perry Hummel and Dave Allen, just to name a bunch off the top of my head. I have some additional great memories of classes with, or sharing time with Joe Gibbons, Kevin Darkus, Mike Mann, Nate Carr, Wayne Cole and Billy Kelly.

This was such a great walk down memory lane, and stoked my passion for the sport and for Cyclone wrestling all over again. Thanks to Jim Gibbons and all involved for bringing this to film.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
Finally got time to order this and watch the first episode. Really great stuff so far. Dan and Jim relating so much that most fans have no idea about.

With the perspective of today I realize that I was lucky enough to have been at both matches in 1986 - Iowa City in January and Hilton in February.

This is really a must-see for any Cyclone wrestling fan. So many great interviews, as well as life lessons from men who lived it. I had no idea at the time just how incredible it was to watch IPBN and the matches on television. I started following ISU wrestling when my brother was a student at ISU and got me into the sport. My earliest memories were of such wrestlers as Johnny Jones, Dan Gable, Joe Zuspann, Ben Peterson, Chris Taylor, Frank Santana, and then later Willie Gadsen, Dave Powell, Mike Land, Kelly Ward, Perry Hummel and Dave Allen, just to name a bunch off the top of my head. I have some additional great memories of classes with, or sharing time with Joe Gibbons, Kevin Darkus, Mike Mann, Nate Carr, Wayne Cole and Billy Kelly.

This was such a great walk down memory lane, and stoked my passion for the sport and for Cyclone wrestling all over again. Thanks to Jim Gibbons and all involved for bringing this to film.
I'll pass this on to Coach Gibbons. He will love it