"The Hobbit" is dead

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
there is a cartoon version, has a bunch of folk songs in it- south park spoofed it with a rodent and Mr. Slave...

anyway, the ring helps Bilbo confuse the dragon, and a HUGE battle happens when the dwarfs and goblins and men all want the gold.

There is also an adventure early on with the three trolls that get turned to stone- you can see these three trolls in the early wooded scenes in FOLR. Anyone here catch them besides me?

What part of the movie were the trolls in, could you describe the scene a little more?

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I've never even read LOTR...but I've watched the movies about 3,493 times.

Seriously, I was just wondering what the plot of the Hobbit is.

Its ok I struggle to read LOTR books. The Hobbit is the best one to read.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
This is the same reason the next Bond film has been "suspended indefinitely" until the mess with MGM gets sorted out. They are contractually bound to produce the next Bond film, at MGM, but if MGM does go under, the Bond production company would have the right move it to another studio, with the leaders being Sony (which co-produced the last two Bond films with MGM) or Fox (which handles the DVD distribution of the Bond films).

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Don't forget the run in with the spiders in the woods....and the capture of Bilbo and the Dwarves by the Elves of Mirkwood (and the great "barrel escape" down the river to Bardtown).

Lots of great adventure stuff but it WILL be targeted toward a somewhat younger audience than was LOTR. Definitely not as "dark" of material...though it certainly has its moments of deep reflection on the nature of good and evil.

Del Toro would have been great but Jackson is the driving force. He and his girlfriend wrote the LOTR ******* and he co-wrote the 2 Hobbit movie ******* along with Del Toro. Ian McKellen is on board already...and that's key, as Gandalf has an important role.

Anyone REALLY interested should go to Lordoftherings.net

That site has a wealth of information on the movies and other LOTR stuff. Great site.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Bilbo sets out with dwarves. Finds ring, trolls, treasure, dragon, and war. It'll be good.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Ok, so I'm not insane. I had waiting to hear something on this movie for some time - even thought I saw a teaser trailer at one time. I've been anticipating this for sometime, looks as thought I'll have to wait a while longer.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
Ok, I LOVE LOTR....LOVE them. But a movie just about Hobbits? Sounds boring to me. Anybody know the premise of the plot?

I hope you are kidding, but if you aren't most fans that I know prefer the book "The Hobbit" to the LOTR Trilogy. In a nut shell it explains how Bilbo came to own the ring, but obviously much more to it than that.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Argh--that stinks. Would love to see "The Hobbit" and (a good) "Dune."

A good Dune?? The original has a strong cult following and has stood the test of time.

Also, per another poster in this thread, I can't figure out what word keeps getting censored from your posts. It appears a curse word does not fit with what you are referencing.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
A good Dune?? The original has a strong cult following and has stood the test of time.

I love Dune. One of my favorite novels of all time. But that first movie with Sting as Feyd is just freaking terrible.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I've never seen a forum censor it, but it must be possible to launch html s cripts from post text on this site.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
ah, the stone trolls in fellowship are in the beginning after the hobbits set out from bagend... i think they have dinner at night... you see them around the time they meet strider...I think.

It might be in the extended version, though. I cant remember.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
there is a cartoon version, has a bunch of folk songs in it- south park spoofed it with a rodent and Mr. Slave...

anyway, the ring helps Bilbo confuse the dragon, and a HUGE battle happens when the dwarfs and goblins and men all want the gold.

There is also an adventure early on with the three trolls that get turned to stone- you can see these three trolls in the early wooded scenes in FOLR. Anyone here catch them besides me?

It (cartoon) was actually pretty good for the time. But the book is an easy and worth while read.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077687/

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
I was going to jump on the guy that was wondering what the plot of the hobbit was... then I remembered this is an old thread.

great news that jackson is working on it!