The key to the NU/CU penalty money..

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I thought Beebe said that NU/CU wouldn't have to pay because the Big 12 would just not pay them their respective cuts to cover the fees?

I don't know how the mechanics of these payouts work but that is exactly what I would attempt to do...withhold their penalty for leaving while they are still receiving payouts as a member of the Big12.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
My wife is also a lawyer and agrees with jbhtexas's wife. However, being a lawyer himself, Perlman is not going to state to the press what money he will be receiving or not receiving, for the very reason to challenge it.

I also agree with what others have stated above. Nebraska doesn't pay us anything, they get a reduced portion of the revenue for leaving. I think they only receive 20% for only giving the conference a 1 year warning.

CycloneinMN

Dec 5, 2009
Wouldn't the loss of the championship game because they left be considered a loss to the confernce? Just because the money increased per team doesn't mean the conference isn't weaker.

And wouldn't also all the buy-outs we have to pay be a loss? For 5 years of buy-outs, times 10 teams, that's 50 buyouts in just 5 years that we all would not have had to do if CU and NU stayed.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Thta is why Larry Scott tried to sub KU for OSU opver the weekend. he added TV sets that Styillwater was not providing. T. Boone was not happy.