the monster at adventureland stuck

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Anybody see anything about the new ride getting stuck? I saw a post on FB about it today, and looked online for a story about it. It looked like it was stuck last week and I found a youtube vid about it that was posted last week. The video i saw today is not the same video, and the ride appears to be stuck in two different spots in the two different videos. Did it get stuck twice?

Posted last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ByuBEzIexs

Saw this one today:
https://www.facebook.com/jamie.slif...39230631765/10153739229916765/?type=3&theater

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
My wife had a friend send her an instagram of it being stuck over the weekend. Maybe yesterday. Thankfully it was a smooth ride the two times I was on it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Anybody see anything about the new ride getting stuck? I saw a post on FB about it today, and looked online for a story about it. It looked like it was stuck last week and I found a youtube vid about it that was posted last week. The video i saw today is not the same video, and the ride appears to be stuck in two different spots in the two different videos. Did it get stuck twice?

Posted last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ByuBEzIexs

Saw this one today:
https://www.facebook.com/jamie.slif...39230631765/10153739229916765/?type=3&theater
Can the woman in the first video overreact anymore? She is making it sound like they are dying up there.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
From Adventurelands Facebook page...

We want to make sure our guests hear this from us directly: The Monster did not get "stuck" on Sunday, on the contrary it worked exactly as it was designed. One car coming into the station at the end of the ride, stayed out on the back brakes longer than normal, rather than advancing back into the station. As a safety mechanism, the chain automatically stops to prevent two cars from ever getting anywhere near each other. The car on the hill remained stationary for between 5-7 minutes while a programming change was made by Gerstlauer (the ride manufacturer) on site. We notified the riders that there would be a short delay while the change was implemented as well as letting them know when the ride was ready to continue. The Monster has run without further incident since the change was made. Mechanisms such as these ensure the ongoing safety of our guests, which is Adventureland's top priority. We appreciate that everyone wants to know exactly what occurred, and we want guests to know that The Monster is an extremely safe ride. Thank you!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The risk of getting stuck just adds to the experience. After all, it is a thrill ride!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I had to make a service call to the park and hotel a few years back. Let's just say I would feel better about getting stuck on that ride than have one of the older rides fail. The latter would probably mean two articles: front page and obituaries.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I had to make a service call to the park and hotel a few years back. Let's just say I would feel better about getting stuck on that ride than have one of the older rides fail. The latter would probably mean two articles: front page and obituaries.

Oh, do tell...that's a teaser. I want to be scared to go there!! :)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
For those that haven't been on it, it's a fun ride. First hill is straight up and going down it's >90 degrees. Where most upside down coasters are going so fast that centrifugal force keeps you in your seat while inverted, a couple of the loops/twists on the Monster you go slow enough that you really could fall if not for the lap restraint.