Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Are pretty cool. It really draws the eye to the fact that someone is quoting someone elses' post. Maybe it's me, but I was sometimes unclear abou that in some posts under the old system.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Are pretty cool. It really draws the eye to the fact that someone is quoting someone elses' post. Maybe it's me, but I was sometimes unclear abou that in some posts under the old system.

Just wanted to quote you to show it off to anyone as yet unawares.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I was waiting to see how people liked it. It's one of those very small tweaks that end up making things much easier.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The quote graphic is pretty righteous, but maybe we could add a gold outline to them to keep with the color scheme for the rest of the site.

Also, I realize that the quoted text now appears in italics, but the shading used previously really helped to separate the quote from the reply. I think a thin red or gold border would help further separate the quote from the body of the new message. But maybe that's overkill.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The quote graphic is pretty righteous, but maybe we could add a gold outline to them to keep with the color scheme for the rest of the site.

Also, I realize that the quoted text now appears in italics, but the shading used previously really helped to separate the quote from the reply. I think a thin red or gold border would help further separate the quote from the body of the new message. But maybe that's overkill.

Totally agree. Please add an outline or shading to distinguish where the quote ends more clearly. Maybe add an end quotations mark as well. I like it though. :yes:

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
This should make it easier for people to cite my earlier posts and show I am right more often. Definitely will cut down on plagiarism on the site. :chatterbox:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like the red quote text, but I think you should leave the background color of the quote in a different color.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I just updated it a little - let me know if you guys want further changes. Thanks again for the feedback.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Wow. Now we need some explosions, and hard rock music, naked chicks and flashing puce text.

Just kidding....

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Yeah a bit darker would be great. But I really like the icon - just need to finish the process so there is some definite end to the quoted section. But overall a very nice touch.