***The Official ESPN + Stinks Thread***

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Currently have YTTV, no ESPN+.

Looking at the pricing though, I could switch to Hulu with ads, Disney + no ads, and ESPN + with ads for $69.95 a month. That seems like a solid price.
I can't stand Hulu's interface. I'll just pay $10 a month for ESPN+ until March.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Oof is it that bad?
I haven't been subbed to Hulu+Live for a while but the number of clicks to switch channels or jump back to previous ones was too damn high. It also was weird trying to get the guide organized

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I don't mind the Hulu interface but I've been using it exclusively for years so it's probably just a familiarity thing. I don't use the channel guide. I find the category guide far easier to navigate.

Reactions: khardbored

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Never been so frustrated with a so called service in my life. Every commercial the thing goes to endless commercials. Quit and restart and it sometimes works…sometimes restarts the game and sometimes goes to endless commercials “event about to start” message. And we are saddled with this junk under the new contract. I wonder how a company as big as Disney/ESPN can produce such a horrible service.
I have never had a problem and I think it’s great.

JerseyGirl

Jun 12, 2013
Central Iowa
I've had this issue in the past, with my firestick. I usually clear the cache and that works.
Once in a while, I have to restart my firestick. Now if I could only solve my issues with CF...

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Never been so frustrated with a so called service in my life. Every commercial the thing goes to endless commercials. Quit and restart and it sometimes works…sometimes restarts the game and sometimes goes to endless commercials “event about to start” message. And we are saddled with this junk under the new contract. I wonder how a company as big as Disney/ESPN can produce such a horrible service.
this happened to me last night for the first time. We have lightning fast internet, great router with a booster for good measure and a brand new top dollar Roku stick. WTAF?

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Can’t you tell Roku/ESPN/Hulu what your favorite teams are and it adjusts your opening page? I feel like whenever I open Hulu and go to “Sports” if an Iowa State game is on, it’s the first tile.
Even with this set, it doesn't seem to work and buries the Iowa State games. Sometimes to the point that I have to use the search feature.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
this happened to me last night for the first time. We have lightning fast internet, great router with a booster for good measure and a brand new top dollar Roku stick. WTAF?
I have a firetv 3 hooked up to my OLED, gig internet with an orbi system that blankets my house with good wireless. Last night, the ESPN app would buffer after 30 seconds, then the stream would fail after two minutes. This happened about 8 times including after I force closed and cleared the cache. Eventually it just locked up.

I switched to the app on my phone, which was better, but still had somewhat frequent buffering.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyfan1965

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
On a Thursday night you can go from ESPN+ to Fox Sports to Amazon Prime within the Hulu app?

ESPN+ and Fox sports for sure but not Amazon Prime since it's not owned by Disney. Hulu is the best option for streaming sports, IMO.

Last edited:

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Really disappointed that fans had so much trouble with the ESPN+. The only way I can watch ESPN+ on my LG smart TV is through HULU so I was lucky.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I watched the women's game at work on my computer and the mens game at home on my TV using a Google Chromecast. Both expereinces were fine. I am not thrilled with ESPN+ as our "home" but I have never had an issue with the technology (going way back to stuff being on ESPN3).

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
ESPN+ and Fox sports for sure but not Amazon Prime since it's not owned by Disney. Hulu is the best option for streaming sports, IMO.

So all the sports content isn't in one place then. And that separation will only get worse when other streamers get involved, like many are saying is inevitable.