:::The OFFICIAL Heavy Metal Thread!!:::

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
So what is everyone's opinion regarding Ghost BC? I thought the tantrum the metal heads had when Ghost won a Grammy under the metal category was hilarious. Their shtick is pretty bizarre, but I like their latest album.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Some of my favorite Metal/Hard Rock/Progressive/Whatever you want to call it:

Isis (they had their name before the terrorists and are no longer together) - These guys draw a lot of the same influences as TOOL does. Lots of melody, lots of fun time signatures, great growling vocals. and some heavy riffs.

Electric Wizard - If Black Sabbath had a stoner metal baby, this is what it would sound like. I heard these guys on vinyl at 3Floyds in Munster, Indiana and immediately bought the album.

Godflesh - I really only dig their album Hymns, but it's a badass album.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
Has any one heard of Coldrain. They are from Japan and I am good friends with the lead singer's mother.
They were touring around the States this past summer.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
So what is everyone's opinion regarding Ghost BC? I thought the tantrum the metal heads had when Ghost won a Grammy under the metal category was hilarious. Their shtick is pretty bizarre, but I like their latest album.
My 14 year old is really into Ghost. I'm not a big fan but they have a few songs that I like. Year Zero is a cool tune.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1100011CS and yez

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I have LeVeon Bell in my fantasy league, so I named my team 4WhomTheBellTolls

Now every time I look at my team I need to listen to Metallica