Misc: The Open Championship 2021

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
The Open is my second favorite Major behind the Masters. I'm a little concerned about the field being watered down because of the withdrawals. Here's the current list so far:

Hideki Matsuyama
Sungjae Im
Kevin Na
Matthew Wolff
Si Woo Kim
Bubba Watson
K.H. Lee
Zach Johnson
Ryan Moore
Danny Lee
Louis de Jager
David Duval

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Open is my second favorite Major behind the Masters. I'm a little concerned about the field being watered down because of the withdrawals. Here's the current list so far:

Hideki Matsuyama
Sungjae Im
Kevin Na
Matthew Wolff
Si Woo Kim
Bubba Watson
K.H. Lee
Zach Johnson
Ryan Moore
Danny Lee
Louis de Jager
David Duval

I honestly don't know that I'd miss any of those guys if I was watching and didn't see them on the leaderboard (I might wonder how Matsuyama, Wolff and Watson were doing). There are so many great golfers, that the leaderboard will certainly be packed with star quality.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Open golf with a cup of coffee is the best.

Coffee golf, in general is just better. It's mostly because the production is so much better with far less fluff and commercials, but it's great to get up, watch golf and then be able to go play.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I honestly don't know that I'd miss any of those guys if I was watching and didn't see them on the leaderboard (I might wonder how Matsuyama, Wolff and Watson were doing). There are so many great golfers, that the leaderboard will certainly be packed with star quality.

We have a ways to go yet. What if someone on a charter pops positive? That would be a disaster. This whole thing has been completely mismanaged considering in a week they are lifting restrictions and they're allowing a bunch of fans. I really don't get the reasoning behind all of the rules, especially for those vaccinated.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

I'll watch just about every second of a major from Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon. I enjoy the early coverage more when it's players I'm familiar with. Seven of the withdrawals are ranked in the top 100 of the OWGR. I'll still watch every second but it's a bit of a bummer.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Coffee golf, in general is just better. It's mostly because the production is so much better with far less fluff and commercials, but it's great to get up, watch golf and then be able to go play.

Completely agree - hard to sit on the couch all afternoon if it is nice out.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We have a ways to go yet. What if someone on a charter pops positive? That would be a disaster. This whole thing has been completely mismanaged considering in a week they are lifting restrictions and they're allowing a bunch of fans. I really don't get the reasoning behind all of the rules, especially for those vaccinated.

I mean, the hypocrisy of having all these requirements while allowing 32,000 people in each day is rich. Almost as ridiculous as NC State getting booted from the NCAA baseball tournament while announcing a crowd of 22,000.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Always enjoyed this tournament growing up. Used to caddy at the Waterloo Open and you had to be there super early if you wanted to carry multiple rounds that day. The Open was always on in the clubhouse and I would watch it waiting for my turn to go out. Brings back a lot of memories.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron