The Packers only beat themselves

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
It's not like Matthews is the first person to ever say anything like this, and I really don't think clay was saying that the Giants had no say in the result. Tuck really didn't need to go run his mouth about it, but it seems like the giants, along with the rest of the nfc east, do a lot of that.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I really don't think clay was saying that the Giants had no say in the result.

That's pretty much exactly what you are saying when you say that the opponent didn't beat you...

"The fact is, (the Giants) didn't beat us; we beat ourselves," Matthews said to Yahoo! Sports. "We need to play our best ball when it counts. This year, I expect us to be right back where we should be."

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's not like Matthews is the first person to ever say anything like this, and I really don't think clay was saying that the Giants had no say in the result. Tuck really didn't need to go run his mouth about it, but it seems like the giants, along with the rest of the nfc east, do a lot of that.

Tuck didn't need to run his mouth? How about Clay? Seems like the classy thing to do would be to just admit they got beat. Instead he plays the "they didn't beat us. we beat ourselves" card. It's weak at best, insulting at worst. What do you expect Giant's players to say?

Clay's the one who should have kept his mouth shut.

Reactions: Cyballzz

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Clay could have also kept his mouth shut.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If anyone gave a game away it was the 49er's, the NYG had no business being in the super bowl let alone winning it.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Like others have said, I don't think Tuck is the one running his mouth in this case. I'd be interested to see your reaction if say, Jay Cutler said the same thing Matthews did. I have a feeling you'd rip him to shreds.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
The Packers beat themselves in the playoffs. Jay Cutler stands on the sidelines complacently during playoff games. The difference is the Super Bowl that all of those Green Bay players have a ring.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Clay Matthews,

The Chiefs would like to have a word with you. Remember that perfect season you guys had... Oh wait...

Sincerely
Romeo Crennel

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The Packers beat themselves in the playoffs. Jay Cutler stands on the sidelines complacently during playoff games. The difference is the Super Bowl that all of those Green Bay players have a ring.
Not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread.

Edit: Oh wait I think I get it. If you win a Super Bowl, the stupid things you say are no longer stupid. Got it.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If anyone gave a game away it was the 49er's, the NYG had no business being in the super bowl let alone winning it.

They win at #1 NFC seed Green Bay, they win at #2 seed San Francisco, they beat the #1 AFC seed Patriots... yet they had no business doing any of that.

Brilliant logic.

The Giants gelled at the right time and earned everything they got.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
"The Packers only beat themselves?" Probably explains why so many Packer Backers are also Tavern Hoks...

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread.Edit: Oh wait I think I get it. If you win a Super Bowl, the stupid things you say are no longer stupid. Got it.

Nope. Someone mentioned Jay Cutler, I dislike the Bears, I took a potshot at Cutler and the Bears. I didn't think it was that difficult of a concept.