The player reaction thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Of course the players for the most part are going to hate it. They came to play football as coached by Paul Rhoads, and now they have no idea who they will be coached by next year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Of course the players for the most part are going to hate it. They came to play football as coached by Paul Rhoads, and now they have no idea who they will be coached by next year.

I bet a few of them hate that their team couldn't take the wins they had secured vs Toledo, KSU and even OK State.

I would if I were on the sideline. By age 12 my video game football experience would have told me to just kill clock against KSU or center the field goal against Toledo. Like CPR, hate the second half game planning and management.

Our offense took a huge leap forward with the QB and OC switch, then we still peed away huge second half leads in consecutive weeks...the KSU game we didn't even really get outplayed all that much just stopped doing what was working.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I realize we'll probably lose some players, but Rhoads wasn't able to win with any of them anyway, so what's the point?

And I'm sure Rhoads was a great guy to play for. But if these players truly want to get better and win football games, then they should understand the need for this change IMO. You don't need your head coach to be your best friend, you need them to get the most out of you.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Do we really have to single out players like this??? Come on. These are 20-year-olds, most of whom made the biggest decision of their lives based on what Rhoads and the other coaches told them. Now those coaches are gone. Obviously they're going to be emotional. Let's not single them out or attack them for it.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The players are going to be emotional. They spent a lot of time with this staff.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
I realize we'll probably lose some players, but Rhoads wasn't able to win with any of them anyway, so what's the point?

And I'm sure Rhoads was a great guy to play for. But if these players truly want to get better and win football games, then they should understand the need for this change IMO. You don't need your head coach to be your best friend, you need them to get the most out of you.

We need ALL of the players to stay. They may like rhoads, but he didn't help them get to a bowl game or have success.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Carson Lensing isn't even an Iowa State player - he's a high school senior. Weird thread.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
This thread is stupid......Please close and bury it. We don't need a player bashing thread if someone doesn't agree with a players tweet or not know who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.