The Rag is at it again....

• We Will Collective Donor Drive - Final 12 Hours, Help Needed!

We're in the last 12 hours of a monumental push to get the last few donors to meet the May goal. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
This is an Onion story, right?

Brother of head coach misses game, is nervous wreck watching it on TV.

WTF?

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Seriously. They don't send someone to Lubbock, so they try to instead immediately interview the closest rhoads they can find?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Trying to figure out why this was a story.

I am trying to figure out the criticism of the story.

IMO, it is more or less a "feel good story" about Rhoads' brother who had attended every game that CPR had coached at ISU previously. Nothing negative in the story at all. And shows how Rhoads is a "family type" of person. And just how close Rhoads is to his family and why he is at home at ISU.

IMO, the story is favorable. I do not understand the thread title.

Reactions: Wesley

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I am trying to figure out the criticism of the story.

IMO, it is more or less a "feel good story" about Rhoads' brother who had attended every game that CPR had coached at ISU previously. Nothing negative in the story at all. And shows how Rhoads is a "family type" of person. And just how close Rhoads is to his family and why he is at home at ISU.

IMO, the story is favorable. I do not understand the thread title.

See quote below...

Seriously. They don't send someone to Lubbock, so they try to instead immediately interview the closest rhoads they can find?

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
It appears to be written for the Ankeny Paper and the Register is just sharing it.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Anyone else notice there was zero coverage of ISU's win in Sunday's paper?

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Wait, so his brother doesn't show and the team plays it's best game in CPR's tenure? Sounds like we have found the problem. He is no longer allowed to go to games until we can disprove this theory.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006

Not to defend the evil rag, but I'm guessing that had more to do with the version that you read. My Register on Sunday had a bunch of coverage and the papers that go out further then the metro probably did not since they had to go out earlier. Just saying!

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Huh? It was the largest picture on the sports page. What I didn't understand was the fact that the rest of the stories were at the end of the section behind iowa, UNI and high school sports.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I called on Sunday and cancelled the DSM register

We beat a top 20 team on the road by 34 points
Iowa loses to one of the worst teams in history

Marc Hansen writes about Nebraska?! It's the DES MOINES REGISTER!! Why the hell is he writing about Nebraska?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
My DSM register had an ISU picture on the front but no article of ISU's big win until the 6th or 7th page. Instead? Nebraska

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

That had to do with the time of the game and when the Sunday Paper that you get went to press.

IMO, there was no conspiracy.

And it appears that Andrew Logue who covers Cyclone Sports for the Rag was at Lubbock.

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Who cares about the Register (granted, I'm in IC area, so...) The big thing here is that Tony should not be allowed at any games ever again if this is what we do the first time he's gone.

Sorry Tony, that cop always following CPR around is now assigned to keeping you away from the game.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Marc Hansen writes about Nebraska?! It's the DES MOINES REGISTER!! Why the hell is he writing about Nebraska?

I wouldn't know since I don't read it but to me this is a legit b****. Who cares that UNL has fans in Iowa, I'd bet that Notre Dame has more so why should UNL or ND be featured in the Capital City's paper?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Probably for the same reason that the Omaha World Herald writes about Iowa State.