**** the refs

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Offense has been best all year when forced to throw, but d has kept us in every game so rarely feel that pressure.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Refs were horrible, but that game was lost by the offense as have been the case all year, tired of the bs excuses.

Reactions: Snydes

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't ever like saying we lost any game because of the refs.... but I will say.... the refs have been putting us in a hole in some of these games from the start, and then we're having to play from behind. It's just a different game when the players come out all fired up and the refs immediately say.... "nope, it's not going to be your day once again guys".

• Agree

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Dekkers wasn’t good. WR didn’t help with several drops. Can’t run the ball. No Offensive game plan. Lots and lots of problems on Offense. The token special teams gaffe results in a TD…just terrible all around. Going to lose talented players to the portal again. Next year looking like a tough sell for season tickets. It’s a no for me.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I don't ever like saying we lost any game because of the refs.... but I will say.... the refs have been putting us in a hole in some of these games from the start, and then we're having to play from behind. It's just a different game when the players come out all fired up and the refs immediately say.... "nope, it's not going to be your day once again guys".
We played awful, for sure, but the conference loves to remind us of our place.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
By no means were the officials the reason we lost but it is an absolute joke. They continue to miss easy and obvious calls. As I’ve said consistently if it is just being bad at their job then we should see the advantage of those calls sometime.

It is absolutely inexcusable and something needs to be done about it. As Campbell said it is every freaking game.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
The athletic department is just going to sit back and take it. Pollard doesn’t seem to have an appetite to publicly demand change. Fans are already losing interest when we know there isn’t a level playing field. Too bad, seems like we had some real momentum going for a brief shining moment.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The athletic department is just going to sit back and take it. Pollard doesn’t seem to have an appetite to publicly demand change. Fans are already losing interest when we know there isn’t a level playing field. Too bad, seems like we had some real momentum going for a brief shining moment.
He knows if he does then Campbell is gone too

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
They weren’t even that bad tonight. Couple missed calls, and some inconsistencies but that doesn’t excuse this loss. Just completely embarrassing effort tonight, from coaches to players.
Yup. Keith Kimble is one of the best officials right now in college basketball and has called a few Final Fours. The crew was inconsistent at times with touch fouls, but I don't think we were screwed in any way officiating wise. We caught them on a night where they couldn't miss and they caught us on a night where we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat. Simple as that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron