The Siren

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I love the ****ing siren. I was ambivalent after UNI... now it's a huge part of gameday atmosphere IMO. Don't know why, it just is.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The warning at the beginning of the game was awesome.

Yep, that warning is sweet, though they need to start it later (not cover up the band playing) and shorten the whole walk through the jacobsen bldg\smoke on the water part. The crowd is fired up when the warning comes through, and that long SoTW part kills things a bit.

And yes, the sirens are a major improvement. Something that really screams 'cyclones' that adds to our gameday experience. Its kind of amazing it wasnt done years ago.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I think they need to walk down the side of the building like they used to, seeing the football team definitely jacks up the student section much more than the Jacobson Building.

aplarsen

Dec 13, 2008
IL
www.aplarsen.net
Yep, that warning is sweet, though they need to start it later (not cover up the band playing) and shorten the whole walk through the jacobsen bldg\smoke on the water part. The crowd is fired up when the warning comes through, and that long SoTW part kills things a bit.

And yes, the sirens are a major improvement. Something that really screams 'cyclones' that adds to our gameday experience. Its kind of amazing it wasnt done years ago.
I totally agree about the walk killing the momentum. The place just dies while they get that set up and start walking.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The walk through the Jacobson building would be a lot better if they used a better song. I know I am beating a dead horse but seriously, Smoke on the Water is just too slow and the loops sucks. Give me something with a faster beat that makes me want to run through a brick wall. I'd rather have some 90's Jock Jams (like Twilight Zone during the Mac years) than smoke on the water.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The walk through the Jacobson building would be a lot better if they used a better song. I know I am beating a dead horse but seriously, Smoke on the Water is just too slow and the loops sucks. Give me something with a faster beat that makes me want to run through a brick wall. I'd rather have some 90's Jock Jams (like Twilight Zone during the Mac years) than smoke on the water.

Keep winning football games and they can play "Party in the USA" while they walk out for all I care.

Now, why the HELL did whoever is in charge of the audio play that yesterday?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Keep winning football games and they can play "Party in the USA" while they walk out for all I care.

At the begining of the game on the big screen, they put a poll up for what song do fans want to hear during the third q? I believe... and people had to text..... thus, the one with the most "texts" wins.

Party in the USA

Livin on a Prayer

Tick Tock?

etc...

I voted Livin'.... denied.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

At the begining of the game on the big screen, they put a poll up for what song do fans want to hear during the third q? I believe... and people had to text..... thus, the one with the most "texts" wins.

Party in the USA

Livin on a Prayer

Tick Tock?

etc...

I voted Livin'.... denied.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I realize they put up the Cyclone Jukebox song selection, but I'm doubting they actually are tallying votes. Their song options (the last was "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy") were all god awful. "Livin' on a Prayer" has a time and place. "Party in the USA", "Tik Tok", nor "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" belongs near a football game.

geoff

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Windsor Heights
So, I jumped out of bed at 12:30 this morning when I heard a tornado siren going off in Windsor Heights - I checked me phone, turned on the TV, couldn't find any weather warning. It only happened once.

Then it occurred to me - we're four blocks from the huge Hawkeye bar "The Front Row"....did someone drive by and play that siren super loud? If so, I forgive you 'cause that's a great prank. If not, I may just be going crazy.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Has anyone tried putting this siren on NCAA 12? That would be badass.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron