The walk of shame

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
It's a stupid rule
All the women I know comply, not necessarily thrilled about it. But, they wonder why they must do this, but they do not even check men’s coat pockets. I have to agree, not that I want that done. I tell them it is because women are a greater proven threat. My attempt at humor usually does not get rewarded with laughter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If you can’t sneak a purse in when it’s 10 degrees with a winter coat You deserve a long walk.

Seriously. I see folks walking back to their cars with small purses that would be easy to tuck under a winter coat.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
All the women I know comply, not necessarily thrilled about it. But, they wonder why they must do this, but they do not even check men’s coat pockets. I have to agree, not that I want that done. I tell them it is because women are a greater proven threat. My attempt at humor usually does not get rewarded with laughter.
At the KU game the couple ahead of us, the husband had a black back pack on....stuffed with things. The attendant asked what was in it....he said kids stuff. Attendant didn't even look and said..go right ahead. Then, my wife and her small little hand purse almost gets frisked, and I am the one taking the walk of shame. She couldn't hide a couple of black cat fireworks in the thing. And yet they let some guy with a huge back pack get right in. It's BS!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Seriously guys, this has been the policy for how long now? At least all this season? And I see them put reminders out on Twitter and Facebook all of the time. And I’m sure something came with the tickets as well.

At this point, I don’t really feel bad for anyone that still hasn’t figured this out yet.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
At the KU game the couple ahead of us, the husband had a black back pack on....stuffed with things. The attendant asked what was in it....he said kids stuff. Attendant didn't even look and said..go right ahead. Then, my wife and her small little hand purse almost gets frisked, and I am the one taking the walk of shame. She couldn't hide a couple of black cat fireworks in the thing. And yet they let some guy with a huge back pack get right in. It's BS!
Id frisk your wife's little purse too

• Funny
Reactions: yler4cy and BCClone

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Seriously guys, this has been the policy for how long now? At least all this season? And I see them put reminders out on Twitter and Facebook all of the time. And I’m sure something came with the tickets as well.

At this point, I don’t really feel bad for anyone that still hasn’t figured this out yet.

So, what if you don't use Facebook or twitter, or this is your 1st or maybe only game you and your wife are going to this year? By the way, I'd venture to guess that 1/3rd of the crowd uses neither FB nor Twitter.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I've been a season ticket for ages and I didn't know this rule until this thread. Of course, I'm not married and don't own a purse.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It's a total joke. I can 100% smuggle in more stuff in my coat that what would fit in any purse.

And diaper bags of any size are OK'd with no search!! LOL. It's just about the dumbest thing ever. As Cy94 said, it is security theater - less effective than TSA, which I didn't think was possible.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU should have just put some locker/lock boxes in one entrance, like down below by ticket office.

So the people that about the forget about the purse policy can pay $5 to not have to walk back.

• Winner
Reactions: drlove