There must be a term for these people

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
First off, yeah, post #1. Long time lurker but this issue compelled me to sign up. So here goes.

You know 'em, you love 'em, or you may not. They are a fact of life and I'd be shocked if we don't all know at least one. I'm referring to the Iowa State students and alumni who root for the hox. Don't just root for them, but actually cheer for the dark side WHEN THEY PLAY AGAINST THE CYCLONES!!!

There must be a name for them. I'm not talking about some generic term like a$$hat or d-bag. I'm talking about a moniker that tells everyone just exactly who and what you are referring to. For instance, I could be tagged as a Martah, since I'm married to a hawkeye. Well, hopefully you get the idea. So let's get our collective Cyclone creativity rolling and see what we can come up with as a name for CYCLONES who root for the U of I.

Far be it for me to be a name-caller though. :jimlad:

Last edited:

NoHawk4Life

Nov 7, 2007
Chi Town
Almost as good as your all-so-clever user name.

We can always count on the elementary remarks from you my man.. way to keep up the good work.. Life on here wouldn’t be the same without you (and your little cronies)

Thanks, and ill be looking forward to all your future posts ! !

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
First off, yeah, post #1. Long time lunker but this issue compelled me to sign up. So here goes.

You know 'em, you love 'em, or you may not. They are a fact of life and I'd be shocked if we don't all know at least one. I'm referring to the Iowa State students and alumni who root for the hox. Don't just root for them, but actually cheer for the dark side WHEN THEY PLAY AGAINST THE CYCLONES!!!

There must be a name for them. I'm not talking about some generic term like a$$hat or d-bag. I'm talking about a moniker that tells everyone just exactly who and what you are referring to. For instance, I could be tagged as a Martah, since I'm married to a hawkeye. Well, hopefully you get the idea. So let's get our collective Cyclone creativity rolling and see what we can come up with as a name for CYCLONES who root for the U of I.

Far be it for me to be a name-caller though. :jimlad:

You're a fish? How do you type on a computer with your fins?

Last edited:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
We can always count on the elementary remarks from you my man.. way to keep up the good work.. Life on here wouldn’t be the same without you (and your little cronies)

Thanks, and ill be looking forward to all your future posts ! !

And I'll be looking forward to your....34 posts? In 4 years? Yeah, you must really know your stuff. Can't wait to hear from you! If they are as good as this one, I am sure I will be in for a real treat!

D

Deleted member 8507

Half right, they DID choose to go to Iowa State for their education so that makes them smart. I can't fault them EXCEPT for rooting against the Cyclones when playing Iowa. Growing up east of Iowa City I was a Hawk fan in high school but lost that enthusiasm soon after starting at ISU. You should NEVER cheer against your school :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Sad. That's what I call them. If you are going to ISU and don't cheer for them, you will miss out on a lot - all the bball, football, etc. games that are a blast to attend with friends. Sure, you can attend as a Hawk, but I wouldn't think it would be the same. I take pride in ISU and wear ISU gear to support the teams AND the institution that granted my BS and MS. A good ISU image improves the value of my education in the eyes of others.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Sad. That's what I call them. If you are going to ISU and don't cheer for them, you will miss out on a lot - all the bball, football, etc. games that are a blast to attend with friends. Sure, you can attend as a Hawk, but I wouldn't think it would be the same. I take pride in ISU and wear ISU gear to support the teams AND the institution that granted my BS and MS. A good ISU image improves the value of my education in the eyes of others.

Glad to see that someone's with me here. I always felt that hawk gear on campus fit in like a phart in church. The tolerance for such nonsense boggles my mind a little.

burky247

May 29, 2009
Iowa City
You guys do realize that there are ISU fans that attend Iowa right? Think about all of the crap they go through on a daily basis for being a Clone in Hawk country. According to this thread, there is something wrong with them. You guys love to eat your own. :)

I disagree with this whole thread. It shows a lot of loyalty to remain a Clone fan when you're attending Iowa or vice versa(think about all of the crap you would receive on a daily basis). You can't always attend your favorite school.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
You guys do realize that there are ISU fans that attend Iowa right?

I'm pretty sure I can count the ISU gear I've seen worn in downtown Iowa City on one finger.

Think about all of the crap they go through on a daily basis for being a Clone in Hawk country. According to this thread, there is something wrong with them. You guys love to eat your own. :)
Been there. Also been a Cyclone in husker land. It is COMPLETELY different if you choose to attend the school.

I disagree with this whole thread. It shows a lot of loyalty to remain a Clone fan when you're attending Iowa or vice versa(think about all of the crap you would receive on a daily basis). You can't always attend your favorite school.
Forums are meant for debate, not as a place for sheep to flock. You have that right.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You guys do realize that there are ISU fans that attend Iowa right? Think about all of the crap they go through on a daily basis for being a Clone in Hawk country. According to this thread, there is something wrong with them. You guys love to eat your own. :)

Its the opposite of loyalty. You are a college football fan who cheers against your college. It's like being an American who roots for the Taliban. It's like being a Boston native and cheering for the Yankees. Did you cheer against your rival in high school? Hell no. Why does it become acceptable in college? The answer of course is simple, and isn't about loyalty.

They stay Iowa fans because its easier on Saturdays. It is easier to be an Iowa fan than an ISU fan, period. If ISU was good and Iowa sucked, they'd be Clone fans too. Simple as that.

Jun 6, 2010
Its the opposite of loyalty. You are a college football fan who cheers against your college. It's like being an American who roots for the Taliban. It's like being a Boston native and cheering for the Yankees. Did you cheer against your rival in high school? Hell no. Why does it become acceptable in college? The answer of course is simple, and isn't about loyalty.

They stay Iowa fans because its easier on Saturdays. It is easier to be an Iowa fan than an ISU fan, period. If ISU was good and Iowa sucked, they'd be Clone fans too. Simple as that.

Or like a German who rooted against the Nazis...yes I see what you are saying.

hawkeyefan21

Dec 30, 2010

No, it's not as easy as that you retard. So your theory relates strictly to football? I'm a huge basketball fan and Iowa has been absolute garbage the last 5 years in basketball, so according to your logic I would have switched to a Cyclone or even UNI fan, just because they are a better team?

Some people grow up a fan of a certain team because of their parents. They go to games with their parents, get clothes and other stuff of their favorite team for Christmas and birthdays, and that makes it pretty easy to become a fan of that team.

It is entirely different than high school you retard. To compare it to high school, it'd be like your parents going to the rival school of your high school, and buy you the rival's apparel for every birthday and Christmas of yours since you were 1, and buying season tickets and going to the games together every weekend/basketball game.