Status
Not open for further replies.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Re: This is the permanent title!!!

Flag Guy- Luther it is, you were right on the nekked soccer.

Now to my rant -

We ended up getting a little more snow up here today, no biggie right? Wrong! I left the new Twins stadium to head back to the office at 2:45 and it took 1:40, not too bad for a normal half hour drive. Then I leave work at 4:30 to head 11 miles home 1 hour and 40 minutes for a freaking 11 mile drive that takes 25 minutes on a bad day, WTH!!! We only got another 4" or so.

Good thing that Victoria's Secret special is on tonight. :smile:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

It is on at 9pm???? And not even in HD? What is the deal?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

It has been in HD the last 2 years. It was nice, let me tell you....

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Re: This is the permanent title!!! Not!

Question: How do I embed a video from youtube? Preferably without all the text alongside of the player.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Re: This is the permanent title!!! Not!

Question: How do I embed a video from youtube? Preferably without all the text alongside of the player.

Go to the youtube page of the video that you want to embed. Copy the link from the address bar of your browser into the post.

The browser address bar should look something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71cGLyOKhSc

There is code in the board software that checks for youtube links in your post, and will automatically embed the video. You don't need to use tags or anything.

Also, down below when editing your post, make sure the Automatically parse links in text box is checked.

At least that's how I do it...

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Re: brown paper packages tied up with string;

I dunno, I just cut and paste the url into the text of the message...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azqXygCzO8]YouTube - LazyTown - Cooking by the Book[/ame]

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I gotta watch more soccer...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5quVQzy3mA]YouTube - Soccer is for wussies[/ame]

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

Just look for the odd title... to double check see that it was started by DaddyMac

I'm kind of entertained though it's hard to keep up with them at times :confused:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Just pick the thread at the top of politics, it is always on top.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

ATTENTION - Please Read

I know there were some exchanges of posts and PMs earlier today that were referring to "user notes" and moderators tracking and commenting on users. I wanted to clarify the issue at hand because I personally take every precaution to make the site as fun and stress-free as possible.

What one member referred to is called "user notes". What this does is simply keeps a list of warnings that have been given to members so moderators can quickly reference to see if a member has been a problem time after time. It's nothing secret and it's just a simple way of tracking if a member has been yelled at for posting inappropriate words or pictures, that type of thing. We don't track you and we don't have spies or anything sinister or stupid like that. We simply have a log of warnings given out - a very logical tool for moderators to have.

While I know it's always easy and fun to speculate what goes on behind closed doors or by people that have a little control, I want to stress that I and the mods have no reason to care about what each member does or why they do it. We don't track users, we don't read PM's, we don't care what each person does on the weekends, etc. We have lives too and it would be very disturbing for anybody to have that kind of control on our lives and we feel the same way about anybody doing that to you, the members.

So while it's fun to gossip or make up stories, please realize that the moderators are a very dedicated group of fans just like you guys that only work to keep the site clean and running smoothly. There are over a thousand posts a day here and it would be impossible for the mods to read everything or check every post so please don't think we have the time or desire to do anything sinister or inappropriate.

I started this site for the fans because I'm a fan. I make no money from the site and have no motives other than helping ISU and the fans. I don't sell email addresses, I don't have tracking cookies and I don't give any mod access to PM's or anything else. I don't even look at PMs - I just don't have the time or desire and I respect each and every member's privacy. So please be respectful of the moderators because they're fans just like all of you and are dedicating their free time to help make sure you all have a fun place to hang-out.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

Uh-oh, the big man stuck his head in the cave, we're in trouble now :confused:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

130-126~Big-Brother-is-Watching-You-Posters.jpg

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

I'd throw another comment in, but I've learned not to get involved with the fued with the mods :rolleyes:

Think I'll go drink a beer and start on homework insted :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron