Think NIU will get crushed?

bowlfan912

Feb 15, 2010
Ames,IA
Im going to say it right now that I am freakin excited that NIU is in a BCS game. Yeah its unfortunate that another Big 12 team didn't make it but it was the rules(which screwed non aq teams in the past). If Herby had his way he would have 5 SEC teams,ND, Pac 12 champ, Big 10 champ, and Big 12 champ play in bcs games. Well thats not happening, also what about Louisville. Think NIU will get destroyed by FSU? Louisville and the entire Big East blows as usual(yet no one complains about them making the BCS). Florida is going to kill them.

Reactions: cyfanatic

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
For as much as everyone is upset that NIU is getting a bid, I think the real travesty is that Wisconsin and Louisville get a BCS bid. BUT, to answer your question, YES, I think NIU will get crushed!

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I will hope and cheer for FSU to put up 70 or more on NIU, as well as Florida to shut out Louisville, neither team should be there over OU, Georgia, LSU, aTm, etc... Wisconsin should stand a bit of a chance against Stanford, they have been much improved since they switched QBs.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If FSU shows up for this game, they will beat NIU by 40 pts or more IMO. That's a BIG if though. I think it will be hard for FSU to get up for this game. They can win by 50 and it probably won't help them. One of those lose-lose situations for them.

Also, the place will likely be a morgue. Nobody is excited for this game, and not many will attend probably. That also makes it tough for FSU to get up for this debacle.

I hope the Noles lay it on them though. I hope they beat them by 60 or more.... and don't let off the gas pedal either.

TheBentStick

Aug 15, 2012
I think NIU got an ideal opponent as Florida State is not playing like a powerhouse. I look for NIU to keep it reasonably close. It will be interesting to see the opening line.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think Iowa STate would go 2-2 or 3-1 vs. Florida State, Wisconsin, Lousiville, and NIU. Think about that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Louisville, Wisconsin, and NIU better cover up their buttholes. It ain't going to be pretty.

Same could possibly be said of KSU too IMO. KSU struggled with Baylor's offense. That's nothing compared to Oregon's. KSU could possibly hang with them, but I fear it could also get REALLY ugly for them too.

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
FSU vs. Northern Illinois will be a snoozer after the first half. I actually think that Florida vs. Louisville could be a good one because Louisville has a very good QB in Teddy Bridgewater that can keep them in the game. Wisconsin has a chance vs. Stanford because they have three very good running backs.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Im going to say it right now that I am freakin excited that NIU is in a BCS game. Yeah its unfortunate that another Big 12 team didn't make it but it was the rules(which screwed non aq teams in the past). If Herby had his way he would have 5 SEC teams,ND, Pac 12 champ, Big 10 champ, and Big 12 champ play in bcs games. Well thats not happening, also what about Louisville. Think NIU will get destroyed by FSU? Louisville and the entire Big East blows as usual(yet no one complains about them making the BCS). Florida is going to kill them.
Time for Delany to tighten things up to prevent this from happening in the future. It illegitimizes the point of playing a BCS conference schedule.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
They are a fine MAC team but barely beat 1-win Kansas, barely beat 2-win ARMY, and lost to fricking IOWA

Plus, I went to the ISU-Northern Illinois game in 2003 in Dekalb, Ill. Why we ever agreed to play them there is beyond me

High school stadium and gawd AWFUL fans. The worst Midwestern white trash hicks I have seen at a D1 venue. Rude, obnoxious, stupid acting clowns---I hope FSU hangs 70 on the Huskies

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Stanford and Wisky could be an absolute snoozefest. But sometimes Wisky surprises me on how much they can score.... for example putting 70 on Nebraska and keeping up with Oregon last year in the Rose Bowl.

But Stanford-Wisky has a chance of being 10-7 also.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
NIU will and should get smoked. FSU should win by more than 40 and hope they do those losers do not deserve to sniff a bcs bowl they played ******* nobody!!!!!!!!!!!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don't think NIU will get blown out. FSU won't really care and NIU has some players to keep it close. Its not like FSU is anything special. They barely beat a **** poor 6-6 Gtech team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They are a fine MAC team but barely beat 1-win Kansas, barely beat 2-win ARMY, and lost to fricking IOWA

Plus, I went to the ISU-Northern Illinois game in 2003 in Dekalb, Ill. Why we ever agreed to play them there is beyond me

High school stadium and gawd AWFUL fans. The worst Midwestern white trash hicks I have seen at a D1 venue. Rude, obnoxious, stupid acting clowns
&

Yeah, how embarrassing is it that a college football team that plays in a stadium smaller than most high schools in Texas is in a BCS bowl game?

Give OU, Georgia, A&M, or LSU NIU's schedule and they would all be undefeated and no team on their schedule would have come within 30 pts of them. This is just pathetic.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I won't be rooting for the little guys to get smashed. NIU and Louisville didn't do anything wrong here, did what they did and the system does what it does.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I won't be rooting for the little guys to get smashed. NIU and Louisville didn't do anything wrong here, did what they did and the system does what it does.
Rooting and expecting are two entirely different things.

At least people are starting to figure out that those non-AQ schools with gaudy records aren't necessarily all that good.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think NIU will get blown out. FSU won't really care and NIU has some players to keep it close. Its not like FSU is anything special. They barely beat a **** poor 6-6 Gtech team.

I agree. FSU is completely overblown because the media wanted them to be back more than they actually were and they play in probably the worst BCS conference. I think NIU has a shot to win this game.