thoughts on game tonight

Brickhouse

Jul 14, 2015
Chicago burbs
any guesses to the starting line up......Im guessing we go with a 6-2 and they end up starting west and Conaway in the middle Capezio and Kuhrt swinging outside.......would not shock me if they started Schaben outside but I think she goes with upperclassmen

And yes I know todays starting lineup really does not mater that much but Im bored at lunch :)

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
any guesses to the starting line up......Im guessing we go with a 6-2 and they end up starting west and Conaway in the middle Capezio and Kuhrt swinging outside.......would not shock me if they started Schaben outside but I think she goes with upperclassmen

And yes I know todays starting lineup really does not mater that much but Im bored at lunch :)

Yep freshman starting. Wow. You beat me to it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lazard starting. A couple mistakes by her right off the bat. Kind of a shaky start down 5-0. Timeout ISU

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Capezio leaves with an injury. Hopefully just an ankle twist. She left with training with shoe off per announcers.

Clones fighting back to 20-23 with the serve. TO.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lose 20-25. Will be interesting to see who plays in the 2nd set since now the match is at risk. Lots of freshman minutes in the opening set.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Schaben is fun. Thought we needed to make a lineup change - Alexis and Bigz especially - sooner than we did. Hope it was just a twinge for Ciara.

Any word on why we haven't seen Remi or Hannah? Mostly Remi.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Schaben is fun. Thought we needed to make a lineup change - Alexis and Bigz especially - sooner than we did. Hope it was just a twinge for Ciara.

No word but it appears that Mo Harris is getting the majority of the sub time with Horner. The rest of the subs seem to be defensive oriented. That said I'm just a casual observer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

She sure looks like the real deal.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Been checking in with the sound off, multi-tasking. Any news from announcers on Capezio.
They said it was a sprained foot. Questionable for tomorrow. I guess that it is good that it is not more serious.

Overall some good volleyball after the first set jitters. Mo Harris seemed to have some really good sets and seemed comfortable. Far ahead of where we looked last season at this time. Schaben was impressive to say the least.

H

HGPuck

I'll take it for the first match of the year. After the bumpy start, pretty good volleyball played in the second half of the first set and the other three. Plenty of things to clean up, but there is definite talent there.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I'm never happy, I guess. Just a huge fan. Blame me, but why did we start slow at home in the first match? I mean....slow. Actually, we were probably playing fast and making mistakes. Which is it? Thought there'd be more students for a rowdy atmosphere. Nice job by the band, as always.

They are a good team. I was worried about this match. But it's important to realize that they lost today and had already played, is that right? They worked some stuff out. They were ready to go. He's a good coach. Now, we have to play a team that beat them. Wished our win could have been a little easier.

Same mistakes out of some players. Bigbee misses the hard cut across the court, still. Doesn't play good defense. She can be better. She's a senior, and this is it. Not trying to be overly critical. What was Harris doing on the wiff's that she tried to set, twice (good serve, not her best)? Grace sat late after not being effective in the middle of the match, but she's going to be really good. We went for the line against a team we should just serve into play, IMO. Don't mean to be critical, but it's there. I hope Capezio is okay.

Positives- Vondrack still comes in and brings the energy. Nolan still gets to everything (great serve). Schaben looks like a young Kim Carnes, might have "Betty Davis Eyes". Hits like a ton of bricks, but has touch when she needs it (nice serve). Morgan was steady. Went for hands early, then just buried some kills (good serve). Conaway played with all kinds of ankle support and was very effective (great serve). Knuth looked good late. Berta seved okay, and was scrappy. Horner was up and down (can serve better), good sets, though.

We'll get better. It will be really intersting to see how things go tomorrow. Not sure we are in better "condition" than last year at this time. Lots of sweat mopped up.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
with the rain I'm guessing it's also pretty humid inside which won't help the sweat situation.

I liked Berta last year and tonight was good too. I think we are in good hands when Nolan graduates.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm never happy, I guess. Just a huge fan. Blame me, but why did we start slow at home in the first match? I mean....slow. Actually, we were probably playing fast and making mistakes. Which is it? Thought there'd be more students for a rowdy atmosphere. Nice job by the band, as always.

They are a good team. I was worried about this match. But it's important to realize that they lost today and had already played, is that right? They worked some stuff out. They were ready to go. He's a good coach. Now, we have to play a team that beat them. Wished our win could have been a little easier.

Same mistakes out of some players. Bigbee misses the hard cut across the court, still. Doesn't play good defense. She can be better. She's a senior, and this is it. Not trying to be overly critical. What was Harris doing on the wiff's that she tried to set, twice (good serve, not her best)? Grace sat late after not being effective in the middle of the match, but she's going to be really good. We went for the line against a team we should just serve into play, IMO. Don't mean to be critical, but it's there. I hope Capezio is okay.

Positives- Vondrack still comes in and brings the energy. Nolan still gets to everything (great serve). Schaben looks like a young Kim Carnes, might have "Betty Davis Eyes". Hits like a ton of bricks, but has touch when she needs it (nice serve). Morgan was steady. Went for hands early, then just buried some kills (good serve). Conaway played with all kinds of ankle support and was very effective (great serve). Hurtt looked good late. Berta seved okay, and was scrappy. Horner was up and down (can serve better), good sets, though.

We'll get better. It will be really intersting to see how things go tomorrow. Not sure we are in better "condition" than last year at this time. Lots of sweat mopped up.

You win the coveted Friday Evening Stream of Consciousness Award. :smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron