Thursday Night games

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Question. First off I hate them. Takes out the Tailgating and that is the biggest reason a lot of people go to the games. Second, did we actually make more money? With the sell of tickets being down. We had to lose money on this one. No way that stadium is not packed on a Saturday game against Texas.

Granted I don't understand the financial stuff surrounding this type of thing. However, when people say we played on National TV with the spotlight on us. That happens whenever anyone plays Texas. So I don't get that point either. Just curious as to everyones thoughts.

Dec 29, 2015
I went to the game. Crowd was really bad. It was a gorgeous night. The upperdeck sections, very empty. Granted, those people look smart now after having to sit thru 4 hours of that mess

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Not to mention we looked like dorks on national television.

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
Question. First off I hate them. Takes out the Tailgating and that is the biggest reason a lot of people go to the games. Second, did we actually make more money? With the sell of tickets being down. We had to lose money on this one. No way that stadium is not packed on a Saturday game against Texas.

Granted I don't understand the financial stuff surrounding this type of thing. However, when people say we played on National TV with the spotlight on us. That happens whenever anyone plays Texas. So I don't get that point either. Just curious as to everyones thoughts.

I can guarantee the city of Ames did with all the parking ticket's they wrote.