Ticketmaster

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
I will never put tickets for sale on Ticketmaster again.....sold 2 for the Texas game week before game. Nothing yet. Trying to find out when I will get paid is impossible.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Their site says within seven days of the event. No site pays before the event anymore because of Covid cancellations

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Their site says within seven days of the event. No site pays before the event anymore because of Covid cancellations

Got paid today via stubhub. Ive sold a bunch through them this year and most of the transactions went fine. However they have the absolute worst customer service. I waited for hours and never got anyone on the phone. couldn’t find an email either. I just finally got paid for an Iowa game ticket sold.

I think i may try TickPick. I bought UNLV tickets through them and had some questions. Their customer service was awesome and followed up personally to make sure it went ok.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I’ve always been leery of buying/selling tickets through these brokers. Why did you choose stubhub over the other options?

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
I’ve always been leery of buying/selling tickets through these brokers. Why did you choose stubhub over the other options?

Ticketmaster doesn’t let you sell tickets below face value so that seems like a big reason I wouldn’t use them. Stubhub also seems to handle selling Hillside seats and Parking Passes a little better than others. This is the first time I’ve sold tickets. So I’ll probably try others before i settle in on one. I’ve only bought through VividSeats, Tickpick, and Ticketmaster.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Ticketmaster doesn’t let you sell tickets below face value so that seems like a big reason I wouldn’t use them. Stubhub also seems to handle selling Hillside seats and Parking Passes a little better than others. This is the first time I’ve sold tickets. So I’ll probably try others before i settle in on one. I’ve only bought through VividSeats, Tickpick, and Ticketmaster.
Thanks for sharing. Which one have you had better experiences with and which one would you recommend?

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for sharing. Which one have you had better experiences with and which one would you recommend?
Buying via Ticketmaster. I suppose StubHub is ok for selling. I’ve probably made 20 sales and had 1 issue.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

They have let everyone with bball tickets sel them for 7 dollars

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I will never put tickets for sale on Ticketmaster again.....sold 2 for the Texas game week before game. Nothing yet. Trying to find out when I will get paid is impossible.
It is really clear when you list that they will pay 7 days AFTER the event.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I had to sell 2 of my group of tickets to the OSU game. Think it took 8 days for the money to show in my bank account.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yes they do.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Patience Grasshopper. You will be paid. I was worried after the UNI game until I remebered that I was looking for my payment in the wrong account. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Uuuuhhhhh…..yeah you can sell them under. My Kansas tickets are proof.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Uuuuhhhhh…..yeah you can sell them under. My Kansas tickets are proof.

The tickets i tried to sell below face were for OSU. I had bought them as single game tickets through ticketmaster as an original purchase for a friend. We found better seats later on, and i tried to resell the tickets that were already on Ticketmaster and it wouldn’t let me sell them under face value. Maybe that limitation doesn’t apply if it were my season tickets that were on the ISU app.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I sold 4 tickets to various games back in July. When the tickets were loaded to my account (August), I transferred them to the purchasers. The week of the games, I was contacted by the buyers claiming they didn't have any communication that the tickets were transferred. I had the email from Iowa State saying they had been transferred. Ended up canceling the transfers and starting over. Did I try to transfer the tickets too early? Anyone else have this happen?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I've just used stubhub a ton. I mean I've probably sold tickets on there 100 times with zero issues. I think their fees are absurd but it makes it so easy I'm always tempted to just use them.

Reactions: cyfan21

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
I've just used stubhub a ton. I mean I've probably sold tickets on there 100 times with zero issues. I think their fees are absurd but it makes it so easy I'm always tempted to just use them.
Me too...in fact, I was in Wrigley the night they qualified for divisonal play and on my phone got Stubhub tickets for a Cardinal game that year....first 6 Cubs in the lineup hit homers that tight.
Received my Ticketmaster payment today.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Ticketmaster has my home WiFi’s IP address blocked and won’t unblock it. Combine that with the outrageous service charges and they’re one of my most disliked companies.

Definitely saw tickets below face value there when I shopping for this last Tuesday. Ended up getting the 2 for 1 in person on Saturday because screw’em.