Tickets on sale 8/22

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Nobody seems overly excited about the break games, but if you want to make sure you get one of those in the future, the students do get a crack at those a couple of weeks before single games go on sale. We had our student get us Okie State, $5 for student, $20 for non-students. It is at least a way to get a conference game, even if it is on a Tuesday.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
A friend of mine ended up with 2 to KU, 4 to OU and 7 to Texas.. it was all luck. Wow.
Yeah, lucky indeed. Two together to KU are literally gold. If Gameday does come to that game you can bet those tickets will be worth $150+ a piece..

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
To the people who said buy season tickets... we tried that but they were sold out. Rough time all around trying to get tickets this year.

If I see any empty seats in the student sections on TV i'm going to go berserk.

Rough? I'd consider it pretty awesome actually. Sure it sucks to miss out, but the fact the ticket sales are like this is pretty damn sweet.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Dang, who is selling the parquet tickets on Stubhub for $620 a piece to the KU game?
The scalpers with bots that auto buy as many tickets as they can before most people's page switches from the count down to the live page...I also had issues with going from having tickets to having an error occur when switching to the purchasing screen. Got baylor and georgia state tickets so at least I didn't completely strike out. Would be nice if the Athletic department would do a better job of keeping tickets off the 3rd party sites but rable rable rable... they tuk 'er tickets

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Dang, who is selling the parquet tickets on Stubhub for $620 a piece to the KU game?

Those have been on there for a while if they're the same ones I saw. They have game in those seats listed for the same price, even for the exhibition game.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Hey, to be nice and inform people, I went in 5 minutes ago and picked up a few other games. OU and KSU. There were still KSU tickets available when I went back.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I emailed the ticket off basically saying I know nothing will change, but they should A) let donors buy them earlier to ensure they are going to scalpers and ISU fans, and B) fix their website so that you at least get a chance to put your info in before the tickets are swooped up.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Hey, to be nice and inform people, I went in 5 minutes ago and picked up a few other games. OU and KSU. There were still KSU tickets available when I went back.

I picked up two Texas Tech tickets about a half hour ago. Thinking of selling the two OSU tickets I got earlier (8:00 on a Tuesday during break).

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I picked up two Texas Tech tickets about a half hour ago. Thinking of selling the two OSU tickets I got earlier (8:00 on a Tuesday during break).

Let me know what you're thinking for the Okie St. prices, I may be interested in that one.

CJ4IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2010
grimes
Please quit ********. There are still tickets available for several games. Get them now. The entire season will be sold out soon.

The comments about 3rd party brokers is ridiculous. Stubhub, NFL ticket exchange, MLB ticket exchange or even the Cylcone version on ticketmaster are all 3rd party sellers.

The problem we have is great. Team is great, demand is great and Mc Doormat is no longer here.

I personally feel bad for the guys that have a monster donation and couldn't give tickets away for years.

Bottom line is get seats for the games that are still available. They are low cost and you will get to experience Hilton at its best. I haven't missed a home game in 3 years.

The Kansas game has the potential to be the craziest game EVER at Hilton. Can't wait.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I didn't even bother with all of this. There are always tickets on CF, craigslist or from friends that you can get. You may pay a few extra bucks but you can almost always choose a lot bettter where you sit.

Question though - what were the cost of the tickets being sold today?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Please quit ********. There are still tickets available for several games. Get them now. The entire season will be sold out soon.

The comments about 3rd party brokers is ridiculous. Stubhub, NFL ticket exchange, MLB ticket exchange or even the Cylcone version on ticketmaster are all 3rd party sellers.

The problem we have is great. Team is great, demand is great and Mc Doormat is no longer here.

I personally feel bad for the guys that have a monster donation and couldn't give tickets away for years.

Bottom line is get seats for the games that are still available. They are low cost and you will get to experience Hilton at its best. I haven't missed a home game in 3 years.

The Kansas game has the potential to be the craziest game EVER at Hilton. Can't wait.

I agree with a lot of this. Hopefully the the same folks only trying for Kansas game won't be reaming out the students for not filling up for UMKC on Tuesday of dead week.

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
[MP3][/MP3]
The scalpers with bots that auto buy as many tickets as they can before most people's page switches from the count down to the live page...I also had issues with going from having tickets to having an error occur when switching to the purchasing screen. Got baylor and georgia state tickets so at least I didn't completely strike out. Would be nice if the Athletic department would do a better job of keeping tickets off the 3rd party sites but rable rable rable... they tuk 'er tickets

Simple solution, buy season tickets. ISU did NOT have hld any tickets back, and yet they did. They could probably avoid all the hassle next year and just sell everything as season tickets.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Slightly unrelated, do any of you old folk know if the fall break tickets are available to students yet? How about the Drake game?

bclewis05

Feb 6, 2013
Simple solution, buy season tickets. ISU did NOT have hld any tickets back, and yet they did. They could probably avoid all the hassle next year and just sell everything as season tickets.
I hope they do! I would have loved to get season tickets this year, hopefully this option will be available next year!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
[MP3][/MP3]

To be fair, season tickets sold out this year.