TIED FOR FIRST PLACE

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I'd bet everything I own that KU would still get the #1 seed in the conference tourney if we tied them.

Not if WVU finishes 3rd. Or if ISU and KU both split with OU and WVU finished 4th behind OU.

Whatever happens, this beats the he@@ out fighting for the 4-6 seed doesn't it? :rolleyes: ISU basketball is entertaining. No arguing that.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The wind's on our side, boys! That's all we need!

ISUCYCLONE09

Jan 4, 2015
Des Moines
I would point out that it's not tied yet, like others have, but ISUCYCLONE09's wife just texted me to say that doing things prematurely is not a new thing for him, so I'll give him a break.

Nothing wrong with celebrating prematurely, Just laying the egg for the celebration later.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Hahahaha, this is from Kansas's board, sound like another Hawk team anyone?

Oh no we definitely can! You must not have heard of "good losses". Self is a master at making our team peak at the right moment, like in 2008. This means we have to lose a few in Feb to then really hit it hard for the home stretch. If you can't see that Self was trying to coach this team into a loss so that we peak come March, then I don't know what to tell you.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Hahahaha, this is from Kansas's board, sound like another Hawk team anyone?

Oh no we definitely can! You must not have heard of "good losses". Self is a master at making our team peak at the right moment, like in 2008. This means we have to lose a few in Feb to then really hit it hard for the home stretch. If you can't see that Self was trying to coach this team into a loss so that we peak come March, then I don't know what to tell you.

Doesn't matter what variety it comes from.. hawk logic is hawk logic.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Here's another one.

Kansas St. is the little brother to Kansas, this was their super bowl. When you are an elite team like Kansas and play small schools like Kansas St. You get their A game , their fans show up for a change, its not rocket science they can win sometimes. It happen to all the time to elite teams.
Its a sign Kansas St. has bad coaching, bad fans, and bad players when they only show up against an elite team like Kansas.

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008
Does anyone feel like Kansas will W, W, L
We will W, W, L, W

setting up for a 13-5 Tie? With the "One True Champion" in the mix?

I hope your theory doesn't happen because if it does if Oklahoma beats TCU at home then there would be a 13-5 three way tie for first place.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I can see Self trying to not win the national championship this year so that he can try to win the national championship next year.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Would that be a three way tie with KU and OU? That would suck, giving one away in Hilton and the outright championship at the same time. Don't even want to think about that.

Not losing at home on senior night, especially after being blow out at OK. Biggest concern is @ K-State.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Fred's gunna be up all night thinking about what he's gunna tell the players to keep their heads on right, knowing that they gotta play one game at a time. Remember Iowa St hasn't been in this position in 15 years.

Yeah, not sure I've ever seen a team celebrate a Super Bowl win before the wild card game. All that really happened is that it opened up the door a crack. We still have a long hill to climb to get there. We certainly have the talent to do it, but going 4-0 through that remaining schedule is going to take a tremendous effort.