Tiger Lane Tailgating Spots

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Cyclones you can call 901-795-7700 and purchase a Tiger Lane Tailgating Parking Spot. Right outside the Liberty Bowl. You get a numbered parking spot Wich includes a 10x10 grass spot and electrical hookups. We had some 5 years ago and they worked great. This year it will be Memphis and Clone fans. Cost $50 a spot and I think a $35 Liberty Bowl Membership. I bought 2 today. Heard they will sell fast.

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
They still have other parking lots that you can purchase ahead of time vs. the first come first serve. Not sure of the benefit, as they are $45. Can still tailgate, just can't put up the tent, etc.

Tigerx3

Dec 4, 2017
Just got off the phone and all of Tiger Lane is sold out - I'm officially bummed.

Walk down the lane and strike up a conversation. You are guaranteed some great southern grill fare and a variety of beverages to suit your need. You will find the Memphis folks friendly and hospitable.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
They still have other parking lots that you can purchase ahead of time vs. the first come first serve. Not sure of the benefit, as they are $45. Can still tailgate, just can't put up the tent, etc.
So in other lots we aren't allowed to put up a tent and our normal tailgate setup?!

u_of_elvis

Dec 4, 2017
So in other lots we aren't allowed to put up a tent and our normal tailgate setup?!

You aren't allowed to use multiple spaces to set up. Plenty of people in other lots set up an EZ up behind their car and tailgate. Just use common sense, wait until the row you are parked on is fairly well populated so you aren't blocking traffic. Don't leave your tents set up if you aren't on tiger lane, take them down and throw them in the car before entering the stadium. Bring weights for your EX up legs, no stakes even on Tiger Lane.

If you get there early the spots on the edges of the blue lot but up against grass, you can tailgate there as well.

The next best tailgating spot after tiger lane is actually the grass lots listed as purple 18 and purple 19. Because of the trees and the way they lay the rows out there is plenty of space to tailgate.

I'm basing this on going to Tiger home games for years, I actually haven't been to the LB game in a while but the same people are managing parking so it should be the same. Our group has three spots on Tiger Lane for this game, we normally only have one.

Romero4Ever

Sep 23, 2011
Cyclones you can call 901-795-7700 and purchase a Tiger Lane Tailgating Parking Spot. Right outside the Liberty Bowl. You get a numbered parking spot Wich includes a 10x10 grass spot and electrical hookups. We had some 5 years ago and they worked great. This year it will be Memphis and Clone fans. Cost $50 a spot and I think a $35 Liberty Bowl Membership. I bought 2 today. Heard they will sell fast.
Sounds like a lot of Cyclones got in on this - I grabbed three spots. Looking forward to meeting Memphis fans and show them how we do it!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Walk down the lane and strike up a conversation. You are guaranteed some great southern grill fare and a variety of beverages to suit your need. You will find the Memphis folks friendly and hospitable.

You aren't allowed to use multiple spaces to set up. Plenty of people in other lots set up an EZ up behind their car and tailgate. Just use common sense, wait until the row you are parked on is fairly well populated so you aren't blocking traffic. Don't leave your tents set up if you aren't on tiger lane, take them down and throw them in the car before entering the stadium. Bring weights for your EX up legs, no stakes even on Tiger Lane.

If you get there early the spots on the edges of the blue lot but up against grass, you can tailgate there as well.

The next best tailgating spot after tiger lane is actually the grass lots listed as purple 18 and purple 19. Because of the trees and the way they lay the rows out there is plenty of space to tailgate.

I'm basing this on going to Tiger home games for years, I actually haven't been to the LB game in a while but the same people are managing parking so it should be the same. Our group has three spots on Tiger Lane for this game, we normally only have one.

Thanks for stopping by with the info. If you're not trolling, we're pretty welcoming of opposing fans.

What's the consensus within your fan base about the bowl game? Are you guys excited to stay at home or bummed about not getting the opportunity to travel? Were you hoping for a different opponent? Do you feel like you'll win, expecting a loss, expecting a blowout one way or the other, etc?

Reactions: TigerFan17

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Thanks for stopping by with the info. If you're not trolling, we're pretty welcoming of opposing fans.

What's the consensus within your fan base about the bowl game? Are you guys excited to stay at home or bummed about not getting the opportunity to travel? Were you hoping for a different opponent? Do you feel like you'll win, expecting a loss, expecting a blowout one way or the other, etc?
Sounds like some fans wanted to play Texas. Their site(http://csnbbs.com/thread-836080.html) is pathetic though, registered and logged in yet one can't even reply or post anything.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How did you do that? over the phone? I called like 3 times and just going straight to voice mail.

Yep. I called late morning or early afternoon on Monday and got right through to someone. May have just been lucky. He told me that he they thought Tiger Lane would sell out that day.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Yep. I called late morning or early afternoon on Monday and got right through to someone. May have just been lucky. He told me that he they thought Tiger Lane would sell out that day.
Wow I am screwed. I will try again.

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017

Everyone I have talked to is excited to play in Memphis. We are season ticket holders, and have many friends who are, and I haven't talked to anyone who is disappointed. Our allotment was sold out yesterday, after the announcement was made that Coach Norvell was staying, so I am hoping that the stadium will be full, and both teams will be equally represented. I love that y'all are a traveling fan base, and from what I have read here, this is going to be a fun game.

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
I think I read in another thread that Tiger Lane is sold out.

It is sold out, but the stadium is surrounded by parking, and there is plenty of room to tailgate. The lots right around the stadium need passes, though, so keep trying to get something. They will go fast.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Everyone I have talked to is excited to play in Memphis. We are season ticket holders, and have many friends who are, and I haven't talked to anyone who is disappointed. Our allotment was sold out yesterday, after the announcement was made that Coach Norvell was staying, so I am hoping that the stadium will be full, and both teams will be equally represented. I love that y'all are a traveling fan base, and from what I have read here, this is going to be a fun game.

I'm glad to hear Norvell is staying. It sounded like Arkansas may have been interested, but it's have to know what is a rumor when it comes to coaching searches. I'm obviously a fan of a team being able to hang onto their coach.

I wish I could make the trip, but I already had a busy weekend before the game was announced. Too bad, because I've had a blast in Memphis every time I've been there.

Reactions: TigerFan17

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron