Tiktoker Gfed trys to "walk on" at Jack Trice

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Met him at the Iowa game. Cool guy and was complimentary of ISU.

You would be shocked by how easy it is to get onto a lot of college fields. Got onto Wake Forest, Duke and UNC’s this winter very easily
I walked right into Wake Forest about 17 years ago (summer time) and to mid field, looked around and walked back out. Never saw a soul.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I also think he usually has some people help him with what he's doing. I know of at least one instance where he received help from fans.

That being said, I graduated in 2014 and did a lot of work in Jacobsen (not with the football team, before the tunnel and recent renovations) and I was always shocked at how open and easy it was for the public to get in. My assumption was that they just always had people around to make sure nothing bad was happening.
Just like other buildings on campus, they're almost always unlocked. Had a buddy who worked for campus security at the same time and there were only a handful of doors they locked at like 2 AM. The exceptions in my experience were labs with a lot of expensive equipment that only some students could access with their ISU ID.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
I went on the field once when I was a kid and they had that astro turf. It was like a thin piece of carpet over concrete. I can't imagine how a player would feel after playing a game on that crap.
Even marching on it sucked - there was a huge crown to the field also so everything sloped to the sidelines from a center slpine

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
In high school, I "bent" the goalposts on a class field trip to Ames. We were on the field, someone bet me I couldn't touch the crossbar. I jumped up and hung from it. Didn't fall as far as I should have - posts were leaning to the side.

Teacher was upset but no one ratted me out. Can't remember what the bet was but I won.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
Years ago, when visiting Florence Italy, I ran from my hotel to the Fiorentina soccer stadium, found the gates open. Walked around the field in the stands slightly worried that the gates would be locked ny the time I got back around. Don't remember seeing anyone around.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
When we beat Texas at Texas in 2010 I was on the sideline. After the game I followed the team into the locker room where we celebrated. Nobody said anything to me. I was at the im so proud speech after kicking Texas ass
The OG “so proud” speech was after Nebraska

Reactions: cstrunk

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My "shouldn't have been there" in a stadium moment came at the last Liberty Bowl. We were sitting over by the press box and noticed the door to the inside was propped open a bit with a piece of 2×4. It was cold so we decided to go inside after the game ended. We walked up into the press box with a bunch of the media guys. We even saw CW working hard on his post game story. There wasn't really any security, just what looked like one attendant.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Glad that he enjoyed his experience. Did he time this to coincide with our celebration of Jack Trice?

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I've walked onto a couple fields while no one was there, but never just started walking through buildings. Security on an open structure like a stadium is tough.
Back in the late '90's I rode my mountain bike onto the Wyoming field in Laramie. Did a lap and left. I'm pretty sure no one ever knew I was there.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Since I believe the statute of limitations applies, I can confess that my roommate somehow knew how to turn on the lights at the stadium (then called Cyclone Stadium) and my group of friends had a late night scrimmage on the field under the lights. That was equally pretty cool and stupid at the same time.
In those days, that was probably the best football the field had experienced.

• Haha
Reactions: isucyfan

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I stopped by the Indianapolis Speedway once (about 25 years ago). The gate was wide open and we could have driven around the track. I really wished we had done that.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Things were way "looser" at a lot of places in the 1970s when I was little. My dad and I were big into sports and stadiums, so we traveled to games and places with stadiums often to see games, but sometimes just to walk in.

JTS (many times as a kid, a college student, and adult)
Metropolitan Stadium (where the Twins/Vikings originally played--went there often to watch games and roam the field--now it's the Mall of America)
Kinnick (same day that a drunk guy fell on my mom, so we never went there again as a family)
Royals Stadium (now Kauffman Stadium, I think)
Colorado
Colorado State
The original Mile High Stadium in Denver
Wrigley
Drake Stadium (never locked)

Have not been able to walk on anywhere recently except for JTS in the summer.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Walked onto James Madison field last spring. That place is SUPER nice. They've put some serious money into it and it shows.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I went to Paris as a senior in high school with a school trip. Had some tennis players on the trip that wanted to see Ronald Garros so we took the metro there. We were amazed you could just walk in and basically walk anywhere you wanted on the grounds. I don't recall there being any secruity presence. You could get all the way down to the first row on center court, and probably could have jumped that and gone on it if you really wanted to.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
My mom is an Iowa grad and took me to a game over there back in 2007 to watch them get battered by Indiana with a friend she went to school with and her son, who I've known all my life. After the game, he and I decided to wander back into the stadium since the gates were open and managed to walk across the entire length of the field. Even saw a few others playing catch on the field.