Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Lololol. So what about a team sport, since we're talking WBB, same?

You think North Linn winning the 1A state championship is more impressive than ISU winning the Big 12 Tourney?
Well, they would beat 40 or so other schools while winning 5 or 6 games in a row. Meanwhile, Iowa and ISU had to win 3 games in a row and only 13 other schools were in the running.

Are the collegiate teams better? Of course. But it’s more challenging to win the high school title simply based on the numbers. I mean CC didn’t even win a high school title.

But it doesn’t really matter. Thats my opinion and you won’t change it. This has been a great day, and I’m not even referring to the game results today.

Sorry CC’s no longer a Hawkeye. Luckily we have Audi to appreciate for 3 more years. You’re welcome to come cheer for her. It’s good for the state, after all

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’m not shocked that this thread has 315 pages. it makes sense to me… rivalry. Sports etc.

What is SHOCKING is how many Hawkeye fans are on here all the time defending this woman like their daughter. Hoping you care about your real kids this much…
I can’t believe both sides care as much as they are showing in this thread.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
My wife watched the games, I only watched here and there. My wife commented to me yesterday that she had to have been talked to because it was night and day difference in the final four game and the other games she saw. I will ask about the final game.
Yeah, I only watched their game against UConn (saw maybe 20 seconds today). I actually was impressed that game. She definitely has skill. Her defense isn’t great, but her ball-handling, passing, and shooting skills were pretty elite. For the most part her teammates weren’t close to being as good as her. They were almost bad at times…and she kept her composure. I heard that wasn’t how she was other games, but they did mention in that game that she was focused on smiling more, as her attitude would then follow. It’s a good mental trick…and it seemed to work for her.

It was still difficult to pull for Iowa, because of…well, you know…how their fanbase is. I’m glad I made the decision to watch one game though.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I’m not going to get into wrestling as a team sport debate. Honestly I’m not a wrestling fan either although I probably should be as an Iowa fan. How many titles did Purdy win at ISU?
None which is why he’s not the GOAT.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Great career, incredibly enjoyable to watch. Would have loved to them to get that natty but getting there twice was still incredible. Going to be interesting to see how much she changes the women’s game long term.
The only thing more interesting will be how quickly Iowa fans abandon their women’s basketball team when they’re not the talk of national media.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Maybe not logo 3’s but hopefully a more balanced game. Going to be hard to keep people interested in watching 40 minutes of the George Mikan drill.
If you think the women’s game with these top teams is a 40 minute Mikan drill you’ve clearly not been watching.

• Agree
Reactions: tre and VeloClone

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Given the context is natties, this might be the dumbest post in here.

Yea, not so sure. Saw a lovely post about incoming freshman Aili Tanke winning a 3 point contest. Saw another post highlighting Steele Jantz (****, BTW one of the best games I ever witnessed in JTS).

So whatever, you feel free to continue to follow me around and dumb my posts, child.

Oh, and Georges was clutch, ******* clutch. Don't need a loser like you to disagree.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yea, not so sure. Saw a lovely post about incoming freshman Aili Tanke winning a 3 point contest. Saw another post highlighting Steele Jantz (****, BTW one of the best games I ever witnessed in JTS).

So whatever, you feel free to continue to follow my around and dumb my posts, child.

Oh, and Georges was clutch, ******* clutch. Don't need a loser like you to disagree.
I mean you can literally see the post chain, do you need some forum lessons? I didn't disagree that Georges was clutch, but I'm not the dude responding to a thread saying not winning natties for CC is "losers lose" am I with Georges.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I mean you can literally see the post chain, do you need some forum lessons? I didn't disagree that Georges was clutch, but I'm not the dude responding to a thread saying not winning natties for CC is "losers lose" am I with Georges.

LOL, I think everyone also sees you eearching for all my posts and Dumbing them. Maybe go to bed.