Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah I don't think there is anything entirely special about her at all. She is an entitled brat that has the green light to pull up from anywhere at any time. Plays with a lot of confidence and might see the court better than the average girl, but beyond that, color me not that impressed.
I am no CC fan, but realistically she is a gifted scorer. That doen't make her any more likeable.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I am no CC fan, but realistically she is a gifted scorer. That doen't make her any more likeable.
The way she runs halfway into the crowd after a game winning shot doesn’t help lol

Reactions: Cyhig

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The way she runs halfway into the crowd after a game winning shot doesn’t help lol
Most players would celebrate with their teams, and if they turn to the crowd they generally just do that, turn and make a couple yells/air pumps/flexes/whatever and then with the team. She shuns the team and immediately wants attention from the fans by running into the crowd.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It amazes me how teams still think they can guard her 1 on 1 in the final seconds with the game on the line. We've seen these game winners play out several times now and it doesn't matter where she is at on the court she will pop the shot. As soon as she touched the ball on that play last night should have been 2 defenders on her and force her to pass out of it or shoot over both of them. Would much rather take your chance of anyone but her shooting at the end of the game. If another Iowa player gets open and sinks a shot to win it then so be it but your odds are much better that anyone other than Clark is going beat you on a final shot like that.

To her credit that was one helluva shot to win it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It amazes me how teams still think they can guard her 1 on 1 in the final seconds with the game on the line. We've seen these game winners play out several times now and it doesn't matter where she is at on the court she will pop the shot. As soon as she touched the ball on that play last night should have been 2 defenders on her and force her to pass out of it or shoot over both of them. Would much rather take your chance of anyone but her shooting at the end of the game. If another Iowa player gets open and sinks a shot to win it then so be it but your odds are much better that anyone other than Clark is going beat you on a final shot like that.

To her credit that was one helluva shot to win it.
And what are the odds she would pass it? Have a feeling that she’s putting it up even with 2-3 defenders on her

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
And what are the odds she would pass it? Have a feeling that she’s putting it up even with 2-3 defenders on her

Probably but would be a lot tougher shot than someone just guarding her straight up. Maybe you trap her or force a bad pass if they successfully rotate the defense when she gets the ball. I dunno anything but allowing her to go 1 on 1 and create separation where she can square up for a shot. I didn't watch the game to see who was in at the end but I'd sag off of Marshall these days with her shooting just 27% from the field this season and if she is the one that beats you then so be it. Would rather take my odds of anyone but Clark getting that last shot and if she still chucks one up with 2 defenders on her then as least you tried something.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
CC running to the crowd at the end was cringe-worthy. It was like she expected everyone to rush the court and surround her and then that didn't happen and she looked around aimlessly while people just stood in the stands cheering. I almost felt bad for her. Almost.
download.jpg

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Most players would celebrate with their teams, and if they turn to the crowd they generally just do that, turn and make a couple yells/air pumps/flexes/whatever and then with the team. She shuns the team and immediately wants attention from the fans by running into the crowd.
Or, they expect to make that shot and its not a big deal for them. I don't mind athletes celebrating, but its a bit of "act like you've been there before" with this situation.

Reactions: BCClone

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Exactly.....the "do you see what I just did" approach with her its nauseating. Another game with well over 30 shots too.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
It's been the lead story on ESPN for 10 hours now. LOL
The 30 seconds they are starting with is nothing compared to the Keith Murphy constant posts and coverage. Shoot maybe she will be the goat if she actually finally wins a conference title.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The 30 seconds they are starting with is nothing compared to the Keith Murphy constant posts and coverage. Shoot maybe she will be the goat if she actually finally wins a conference title.
I'm talking about ESPN.com.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I'm talking about ESPN.com.
You missed my point, the 30 seconds on GetUp this morning is nothing compared to the constant in your face reporting the goons who slober all over her here are doing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron