Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Anyone else not even going to mess with local media today? It's almost like the local coverage feels they should get some credit for her accolades just because they cover her.

She's a generational talent, congrats to her record, but the response and how much people suck up to her is disgusting.

Leeches.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk

Ctrans

Feb 3, 2017
How was the game out of hand? Iowa has blown large leads in the fourth quarter in two of their three losses this year. This Iowa team has a very hard time putting teams away because they seldom get many stops in a row on defense.
That is because CC doesn't play defense and her teammates have to cover for her mistakes on defense. And CC chucking up 35 foot shots is not good offense and Bluder is to stupid to realize that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What? I read the local media and came away with the impression that this Iowa team would be ranked in the NCAA men's division and could probably beat bottom NBA teams.

They're going to struggle if/when Iowa loses early in the tournament.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
CC is a tremendous offensive player. Her play on the court shows it. It also shows that she is not interested in playing defense. She is very concerned about her own offensive stats.

Michael Jordan early in his career was the same way.... then he decided to become more of a team player, and they started winning titles.

It makes you wonder how good Iowa could be, if Bluder would do her job by teaching the team concept working together instead of the "1 player turned loose" method.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
On a side note, I assume Murph has no skin left "down there'... and a seriously calloused hand.

• Haha
Reactions: snowcraig2.0

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No one could muster a second to give ISU credit for a gutsy 2 OT winner against a top 10 team....well I take it back. ESPN had a blurb about it completely making it about KSU losing.
Garcia on WOI did a nice piece on the double OT win by the ladies last night at 10. She actually does a decent job of covering the Cyclones she is growing on me as a sports anchor.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Garcia on WOI did a nice piece on the double OT win by the ladies last night at 10. She actually does a decent job of covering the Cyclones she is growing on me as a sports anchor.
If you have to watch local news, that’s the one to watch. They actually cover Iowa State and have a CF member meteorologist.

Was worried my phone would somehow do the equivalent of an amber alert when CC broke the record but it was blissfully silent. Looks like Frau decided to run up the score. Hopefully no one got hurt during garbage time. Assuming there would be a statewide prayer vigil if CC got a hangnail.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That is because CC doesn't play defense and her teammates have to cover for her mistakes on defense. And CC chucking up 35 foot shots is not good offense and Bluder is to stupid to realize that.
Sheryl? Is that you?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
CC is a tremendous offensive player. Her play on the court shows it. It also shows that she is not interested in playing defense. She is very concerned about her own offensive stats.

Michael Jordan early in his career was the same way.... then he decided to become more of a team player, and they started winning titles.

It makes you wonder how good Iowa could be, if Bluder would do her job by teaching the team concept working together instead of the "1 player turned loose" method.
Where’s Scottie pippin, Horace grant, Armstrong, Paxson, Cartwright etc… on this Iowa team?

May 7, 2020
Your hatred for Iowa has blinded you. I don't like Iowa but watched CC grow up so I have watched her play a lot this year. You are just wrong. Your petty jealousy and willingness to spew disinformation about a 22 year old college student says a lot more about you than it does about her.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Anyone else not even going to mess with local media today? It's almost like the local coverage feels they should get some credit for her accolades just because they cover her.

She's a generational talent, congrats to her record, but the response and how much people suck up to her is disgusting.
I wonder if there will be a discussion about how the game was sold out, and how people from Des Moines seemed to not have any problems driving to that game.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

She doesn't play much defenses by design.

I don't know how much of the women's game you've watched but the officiating has been at crisis level for several years. They don't dare take the risk of her picking up fouls that aren't fouls and that's why they kind of just have her roam.

This isn't the NBA where you have the best officials in the world plus the protection of star players.