Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Didn't she just go 6 for 32 with 1 assist? She may break the scoring record, but it will be a long long long time before anyone can put up the scoring plus turnover numbers CC has put up. I get it, she's a hawk, you hate it. But to me, she's an Iowan I watched grow up who has done things that won't be done for a long time.
It will be a long, long, long time for this.

Reactions: Cyhig

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They brought up the scoring record of Pete’s and how CC would probably break it on ESPN. They had to clarify that hers doesn’t need an asterisk because she did it in 4 and no Covid year. They did mention that Pete’s was 3 but that was okay because that is all he played, not mentioning that he couldn’t play 4 or that he had no 3 point line. Seemed hypocritical to say that someone if someone breaks a record in 5 it should not count as much and then saying that it was Pete’s problem that he only played 3. No, freshmen couldn’t play

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1776 and cycloner29

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They brought up the scoring record of Pete’s and how CC would probably break it on ESPN. They had to clarify that hers doesn’t need an asterisk because she did it in 4 and no Covid year. They did mention that Pete’s was 3 but that was okay because that is all he played, not mentioning that he couldn’t play 4 or that he had no 3 point line. Seemed hypocritical to say that someone if someone breaks a record in 5 it should not count as much and then saying that it was Pete’s problem that he only played 3. No, freshmen couldn’t play
I don’t think there was a shot clock when Pete played either

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Best part is people acting like she’s actually breaking a MBB record without playing MBB
Yet in this thread there are comments how we can't include NAIA or precursors to the NCAA (Pearl Moore, anyone?) because people scored more there.

What she has done is amazing. Let's just not get stupid and go overboard with it.

Last edited:

May 7, 2020
From all the highlights I’ve seen of Juju, I think she’s a better all around player than CC is. And doesn’t seem to be nearly the drama queen from what I’ve seen.
You should watch a couple of full games. I’m not saying she’s not good, but she’s nowhere near Clark yet. CC it’s a lot better all around player. Juju is good at getting to the line, but not as good as a shooter, and nowhere near as good of a passer . She seems like a good kid who will undoubtedly get better.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Didn't she just go 6 for 32 with 1 assist? She may break the scoring record, but it will be a long long long time before anyone can put up the scoring plus assist numbers CC has put up. I get it, she's a hawk, you hate it. But to me, she's an Iowan I watched grow up who has done things that won't be done for a long time.

No idea on Juju just know she’s going to be better than Clark.

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29 and 1776

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You should watch a couple of full games. I’m not saying she’s not good, but she’s nowhere near Clark yet. CC it’s a lot better all around player. Juju is good at getting to the line, but not as good as a shooter, and nowhere near as good of a passer . She seems like a good kid who will undoubtedly get better.

I think Juju is actually a better mid range shooter possibly... and much better defensive player. Also better ball handler IMO.

CC is a better offensive player.... I said all around player. If you factor in everything that is asked of being a great basketball player... I think Juju is going to be better.

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
Didn't she just go 6 for 32 with 1 assist? She may break the scoring record, but it will be a long long long time before anyone can put up the scoring plus assist numbers CC has put up. I get it, she's a hawk, you hate it. But to me, she's an Iowan I watched grow up who has done things that won't be done for a long time.

Did you watch her grow up?

That's crazy, because you haven't mentioned it a thousand times and we didn't know.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
No idea on Juju just know she’s going to be better than Clark.
Well sure. Haven’t we all watched JuJu grow up? Took a flight to LA to watch her use a Little Tikes basketball hoop. We all shed a tear when SI Kids named her Sports Kid of the Year. And anyone who models her game after Arike Ogunbowale is ok by me. She has 76 CF members for godparents, kind of like she’s a British royal.