Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
"I did not see anything that was overt or had been on-going throughout the game from Mr. Pollard," athletic director Todd Jones wrote in an e-mail obtained Thursday by the Register. "This was the only comment Mr. Pollard made all night. The official said Mr. Pollard said to him, 'That was a horrible call.'

You are one ****** troll, if that's the best you've got.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Did anyone know who Kasey Plum was before a few weeks ago? I sure didn’t.

Does anyone know who Cheryl Miller, Taurausi, Swoopes, etc are?

Being the leading scorer of all time does not mean you are the best player of all time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
"I did not see anything that was overt or had been on-going throughout the game from Mr. Pollard," athletic director Todd Jones wrote in an e-mail obtained Thursday by the Register. "This was the only comment Mr. Pollard made all night. The official said Mr. Pollard said to him, 'That was a horrible call.'

You are one ****** troll, if that's the best you've got.
Yep, sounds like the ref was a hawkeye troll also.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

Being the leading scorer of all time does not mean you are the best player of all time.
It’s Kelsey Plum and I knew who all of them were when they were playing. I’m a pretty casual fan so I’m guessing you simply don’t follow WBB closely - that’s ok too.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s Kelsey Plum and I knew who all of them were when they were playing. I’m a pretty casual fan so I’m guessing you simply don’t follow WBB closely - that’s ok too.

I guarantee you that 90% of the country or more had no idea who Plum was.

But a decent % have heard of Cheryl Miller, Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Breanna Stewart, Britney Griner, Maya Moore, Holdsclaw, Rebecca Lobo, Lisa Leslie, etc are.

I'm just bummed I won't be able to watch CC whine and cry again tonight. Dang it!

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I guarantee you that 90% of the country or more had no idea who Plum was.

But a decent % have heard of Cheryl Miller, Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Breanna Stewart, Britney Griner, Maya Moore, Holdsclaw, Rebecca Lobo, Lisa Leslie, etc are.

I'm just bummed I won't be able to watch CC whine and cry again tonight. Dang it!

I love that you know when their games are and what station they’re on.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you when literally any other team plays, nor what channel they are on. It’s nice that Clark has such a huge closet fan!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I love that you know when their games are and what station they’re on.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you when literally any other team plays, nor what channel they are on. It’s nice that Clark has such a huge closet fan!

I've said I enjoy watching her play... it's funny.

Doesn't surprise me that an Iowa fan doesn't watch any other teams besides the Hawks.... all my Hawk friends are clueless when it comes to sports outside of IC.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I've said I enjoy watching her play... it's funny.

Doesn't surprise me that an Iowa fan doesn't watch any other teams besides the Hawks.... all my Hawk friends are clueless when it comes to sports outside of IC.

Watching =/= equal knowing their game times and tv schedule.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

That’s the whole point. She can be the all time leader in points but never even win a conference title and half the other accolades in a team sport and Iowa fans still call her the goat. Breanna Stewart is though

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That’s the whole point. She can be the all time leader in points but never even win a conference title and half the other accolades in a team sport and Iowa fans still call her the goat. Breanna Stewart is though

Yes... that's the entire point I was making. I'd never heard of Plum before I don't think? Heard of a ton of other women's college basketball players though.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yes... that's the entire point I was making. I'd never heard of Plum before I don't think? Heard of a ton of other women's college basketball players though.
Agreed, I had no clue who was the all time leading scorer. Doesn’t make you the goat, but if you’re an Iowa fan you have the goat in punting and wbb all in one season it’s amazing lol

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
She has though.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Co-champions regular season w tOSU in 21-22; B1G conference tourney champions the past two years.
Regular season is typically the accolade, I don’t consider like most if the tournament champions are conference champions but it’s def nice

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just keep running the extremely optimistic pass that leads to a Watson bucket play and we’ve got this

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron