Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa wins by 20+. It’s CC’s last game at CHA. There’s no way they lose.

CC will also continue to complain about the officiating while up by 20+ in the late 3rd to early 4th quarters. But I don’t think she’ll embarrass herself as much as she did on Saturday

It would be really hard to embarrass herself worse than the last game.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Unbelievable that big time officials doing tournament games can be bullied by Clark and afraid to make the correct call. No other player could get away with it
I believe many officials are afraid to make the calls for fear that the media who love her will call them out for making the call. I felt the officials in last nights Stanford game made the calls NO matter who the player was they called fouls on both Audi and Brink taking both out of the game.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Next thing CC will be doing Valium commercials? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Iowa associate HC Jan Jensen said COMPOSURE is the key against West Virginia's full-court press, specifically when we talked about Caitlin Clark. “I think Caitlin's up for the challenge. She's got a lot of pressure. She’ll admit that last night (against Holy Cross) was not a great night for that. But when you can get a win, learn and know the dangers (of getting frustrated), that’s what you’ve got to hope. Use the lessons and breathe and go back to what you know how to do. We have a lot of confidence in that. But again, composure rules the day.”

Reactions: Cyhig

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Next thing CC will be doing Valium commercials? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Iowa associate HC Jan Jensen said COMPOSURE is the key against West Virginia's full-court press, specifically when we talked about Caitlin Clark. “I think Caitlin's up for the challenge. She's got a lot of pressure. She’ll admit that last night (against Holy Cross) was not a great night for that. But when you can get a win, learn and know the dangers (of getting frustrated), that’s what you’ve got to hope. Use the lessons and breathe and go back to what you know how to do. We have a lot of confidence in that. But again, composure rules the day.”
I wouldn't put money on CC keeping her cool.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So what do we think about tonight, does WVU have any shot? Or is the conspiracy to get Iowa/LSU rematch too great to matter?
I think this will be a pretty close game until the end. Hope Iowa can pull it out. WV seems like they should have been higher than an 8 seed.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've said plenty I'm not a fan of some of her on-court stuff. I saw the thing from yesterday with her dad, which I thought was kind of funny. Dad seems pretty cool. That said I don't think the on-court stuff rises to the level of villainizing her or attacking her character. And it doesn't seem like the rest of the country does either.

If you get outside the echo chamber of Central Iowa or the ESPN hype machine I think you will see she's not thought of real favorably by alot of people. Just read the comments to things on X.

I've been a pretty vocal CC supporter on here, and I think she's overall good for the game. But her attitude is officially out-of-control. I have a couple buddies that are big Iowa fans who feel the same way and wish she'd just play.

Reactions: Jdk and Cyhig

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That'd be so funny if WV has a plan of trying to set her off. Use some bench players to purposefully foul her a little hard or in annoying fashion.

The extent to which I'd be flopping and flailing if I were WVU is immeasurable. I'd turn it into a damn theater production before I made it a basketball game.

Reactions: carvers4math

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
If you get outside the echo chamber of Central Iowa or the ESPN hype machine I think you will see she's not thought of real favorably by alot of people. Just read the comments to things on X.

I've been a pretty vocal CC supporter on here, and I think she's overall good for the game. But her attitude is officially out-of-control. I have a couple buddies that are big Iowa fans who feel the same way and wish she'd just play.
She could learn a lot from Audi. Could you imagine CC's skills with Audi's personality?