Time for Sanders to be the featured back

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Lol, that seems a bit drastic. I remember saying he looked good, but declaring him 1 of the top two backs in our program history seems a bit hyperbolic and crazy to me. Surely not "everyone" declared this right?
It may have been a bit of hyperbole . . .

DcnvpC6W4AAJplF.jpg

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Sure - and that's why I think Sanders is the best bet. He's no Barry - obvious statement is obvious - but I think he's the most shifty back we have. Maybe Hansen's the 2nd? IDK. Typically returners - receiving backs have that wiggle which is part of makes them good in space and good returners because they can change direction quick and shift weight fast.

Norton seems a bruiser and Sama a track star. Nothing wrong with either but with a below average OL at just moving defenders off their spot, that quick twitch might make a difference between 2nd and 7 and 2nd and 10/11. Neither is overally impressive but its closer to being on track than not
In watching Sanders in his time here, "shifty" is not a word I would use to describe him. There's a very real reason why he's been at the bottom of the depth chart. Sure, he had a few decent runs Saturday. For him, those are the exception, not the norm.

Sama absolutely has shown to be "shifty", with top end speed to go along with it. Like Breece as a freshman, likely needs at least a half season to feel comfortable with his vision.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt