Time for the Opener Hype

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Every year the hype and enthusiasm builds before the first game. This year the team appears to be our best team in years. I would expect a little more yelling that we are going to win being an eleven point favorite. Ticket sales are fairly good. Looks like a very warm day. Let's hear it for our team. GOOOOO CYCLONES. The boys from Cedar Falls will be in a ballgame with all our depth.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
mmybLw.gif

I'm so ****ing sick of Lucy. I need to see a convincing win over the purple hawks. I refuse to get on the hype train until this program learns how to take care of business.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I too feel optimistic (and I haven't been the last year, or the couple prior). The first (4) games are critical to come out at least 2-2, and a good chance at 3-1.

• Really wish Kene would have had a better prognosis, now RS sounds like an option.
  • Question: I though Allen would be a starter at TE, but is he now in a battle for back-up / 2-deep with Shoener?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I too feel optimistic (and I haven't been the last year, or the couple prior). The first (4) games are critical to come out at least 2-2, and a good chance at 3-1.

• Really wish Kene would have had a better prognosis, now RS sounds like an option.
  • Question: I though Allen would be a starter at TE, but is he now in a battle for back-up / 2-deep with Shoener?

He is the starter. The depth chart shows Harms & Soehner are in competition for the back-up spot.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

Agree with Kene, but Lang sounds really promising as well. May not be much of a drop off.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

I see Allen as the starter on the depth chart, unless that has changed since this morning.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Feels like a lot of the hype is being held in reserve until the UNI game is clear. Too many times we've been punked by our neighborhood FCS outfit, and it really dampens the prospectus for the rest of the season. And the worst part about those losses is that the team has usually looked badly unprepared mentally and physically inferior, which is demoralizing. And the fact that it's happened multiple times in the last 5 years...

A good old fashioned complete victory -- patient, safe, crisp offense and respectable defense and clean special teams -- would do the psyche of the program some wonders.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
People are worrying to much about starters. If you're good enough to play, you will see the field. We have a lot more bodies to choose from as far as on the field talent goes. I'm on the hype train. I've been watching this develop since Campbell got here. He has already flipped the depth problems, now they just need experience.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm feeling good about this year but I'm looking at it as another building year and another year of establishing Campbells program. 5 wins would be a great jump imo. There's too much "this season makes or breaks with a bowl game" talk.

I agree. Just need to show that we're on the right track. If things fall right, it could be more than that.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Agree with Kene, but Lang sounds really promising as well. May not be much of a drop off.

Kene is the least of my worries. As long as he can hang onto the ball, Lang will do every bit as good at KR if not better. Redshirting Nwangwu evens out the classes some and will benefit the program. My worries are:

1. DL being stout against the run and generating a pass rush.
2. Lanning having the LB instincts to be in the right place and making solid tackles.
3. OL opening holes for the RBs.
4. Injuries.
5. Turnovers/penalties.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
This year feels nothing like the recent past. I feel better about this season than I have any for at least half a dozen years. Feel even better about next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I'm on the hype train as well. I would love to see 3-1 in the first 4 games, but if we lose to UNI again, the hype and love for CMC will be gone on the site in a hurry

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
...chugga chugga....

What's that I hear?

...Chugga Chugga....

Could it be?....IT IS!

...CHUGGA CHUGGA CHO CHOOOOOOOOOO

ISU HYPER TRAIN BARRELING DOWN THE TRACKS!! Not only will Iowa State go bowling this year, but this team is actually a year a head of schedule and will win 8 games OR MORE!

But really I just hope everyone has a great time and uses great sportsmanship.

**** the hawks.