Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably should have considered doing it a long time ago because it tastes like **** but here we are.

Some people just like to shiver after a sip and almost yack it back up.

I've gone back to drinking lighter beers recently and at least even the Bud Lights and Miller Lights of the world are fairly smooth.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
WTF. Who the hell thought to dig up dirt on him like this after all the good he has done? He made a mistake as a 16 year old kid. Pretty sure most people here said or did something in their past they wish they could go back and not do again. People need to get thicker skin, we're become too PC as a society

The difference is that when I did stuff as a 16 year old kid there was not a permanent record of it for the world to see. #dontpoststupidshit

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I would guess someone dug through his Twitter and tipped the Register off. I highly doubt the Register has the man power to do that. However, the right move would of been to ignore the tip...

It's all about click bait to generate ad revenue for a failing paper that has a bare bones staff now. They'll sell their soul to sell papers and keep jobs at this point.

The good thing is I probably haven't bought a Busch Light since I was in college 20 years ago as I thought it was piss water back then so no sweat off my back to keep the streak alive.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Boycott the DM Register for employing Randy and digging up dirt on Carson, and now Busch Light too for being such losers towards Carson.

Which beer should we start supporting? Maybe we need to start a poll?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Moral of the story: if you don't have a perfect past, doesn't matter how philanthropic you are today.

No one is condoning what was said in the past, but the way people are these days its as if you aren't even allowed to learn from mistakes.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but why does it feel like much of what is going on is connected?

Low life hok fan tips off the Register to extend the smear campaign that started with the band incident.

Social media is now a weapon wielded by triggered little snowflakes.

Waukee100

Aug 20, 2019
I think it was this which isn’t even that bad

23-AEBA0-A-9-B25-4269-B2-A2-12-E37-AA19-C30.png

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
The quote makes it seem like they might be tapping out at the current # and not honoring future donations. It's not clear if they'll continue to match.

"Carson King had multiple social media posts that do not align with our values as a brand or as a company and we will have no further association with him. We are honoring our commitment by donating more than $350,000 to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.”

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The difference is that when I did stuff as a 16 year old kid there was not a permanent record of it for the world to see. #dontpoststupidshit

That's the 1 thing the younger generations struggle with is that just because you say it on social media doesn't mean you aren't accountable for what you said years later. I didn't get my first taste of high speed internet until I moved into the dorms at ISU in 1998 and even back then social media really didn't exist as MySpace started in 2003 and Facebook in 2004.

I have always said the #1 rule you should have with social media is if you wouldn't say something face to face or in public or is content you have to think twice about you probably should not share it because once you do it is out there forever even if you deleted it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t like this because he didn’t ask for this. Kid made a funny sign and people took it upon themselves to take it seriously or try to be funny themselves by sending him money. Then he did the best possible thing he could do with a situation he never asked for.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron